Quick Breakdown of What to Expect Out of Players This Year

Well, you say that Chris Halvorsen looks to have a nice shot from the outside, and umm... no. But other than that, I think it's a pretty good write-up. I totally agree that Oto will surprise some people this year. He's a good sleeper pick. And if Trevor doesn't have the biggest year, we'll be in big trouble, I think.

I guess, to be honest, I'm hoping Chris can become a shooter. With the lack of shooting on this team as of now, it would be nice. I agree, Trevor needs to have a HUGE year again, which I think he will.

With Trevor you can look at it two ways:

1. It was his first real year of college basketball and he dominated in one of the nations top conferences.

2. It was the first time anyone saw Trevor, so he had the advantage. Teams now have tape on him so there is no way he can continue doing what he did.

I say it falls somewhere in between. I don't think he will be able to dominate, but I do think he will get to the line a lot more due to teams knowing that is his weakness. Fingers crossed he worked on those this year.

I don't see anything wrong with someone having a better year than Trevor, so long as Trevor has a similar year to last year.

I refuse to say anything about anyone because I told everyone I talked to about how good Devron Bostick was going to be. And then the season started. But he might have the last laugh, he is making money playing basketball.

Is your summary based on your view of practices or is your summary based on last Friday's event? Chris Halvorson is a hustler, but I have never seen shooter and Chris Halvorson in the same sentence before I read your article.

Is your summary based on your view of practices or is your summary based on last Friday's event? Chris Halvorson is a hustler, but I have never seen shooter and Chris Halvorson in the same sentence before I read your article.

The summary is based off some pulley games I saw as well as the "All-Star" Friday. As far as the Chris being able to shoot, like I said, it was more of a hope that he can become a shooter. This team is going to struggle from the outside, or atleast that is how it looks now.

I do think Oto, Austin, Maverick (if he plays) and even Andre Hollins could be knock down shooters, but the only one I'm confident in is Oto.

With our frontcourt, there will be a lot of chances for guys to shoot from the outside and with teams knowing that is our weakness, players should be wide open.

My expectations of Gopher players and/or coaches:

1. Stay eligible.

2. Stay out of trouble off the court.

3. Don't make a fool of yourself via social media.

4. Be improved as a player from 2010-11 to this season and/or get better as a player as the 2011-12 season progresses.

5. Finish no worse than 11-1 during the nonconference, certainly much more attainable now that arguably our best opponent (USC) lost its best player for the season.

6. Don't start the B1G season 0-2. Grow a pair and beat Illinois and/or Michigan on the road to avoid getting behind the B1G eight-ball right away.

7. Finish no worse than 5th, though I'd prefer 4th or higher so that we can get a first-round bye for the B1G Tournament.

8. Simple. Whether the starting point is the First Four or the 2nd round, win a game (or 2) in the NCAA tourney. It's been so long (1997) since a Gopher basketball coach/player/fan has been able to experience being part of the NCAA tourney for more than 2 hours.

Notice I didn't mention anything about injuries. Those are things no team/coach can control.

http://www.stobblog.com/2011/10/golden-gopher-player-breakdowns.html

Hey guys. I just did a breakdown of the players on the roster for the upcoming year. Who do you guys think will have the biggest year and who is your sleeper?

Thanks in advance.

not to be a bother, but roughly 99.3% of your posts here are about posts to your blog. You might want to participate a little more than just self pimping.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/search.php?searchid=96086

not to be a bother, but roughly 99.3% of your posts here are about posts to your blog. You might want to participate a little more than just self pimping.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/search.php?searchid=96086

Not a bother at all. In fact, I wanted to say that I like your site. I'm assuming you are the creator of From the Barn, since that is your name on here? If so, nice work.

I try to get people engaged and to go back and forth. A couple people have on this topic which is awesome.

So, who is your sleeper player this year?

I have linked to FTB's self-anointed blog in the past off GopherHole, and now I find this entertaining that one pimp calls another pimp a pimp. Yikes!

Top Bottom