Quick bio on OK State coach Travis Ford.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Former Mizzou player that transferred after one year to go to Kentucky (he is from that state) to play for Rick Pitino.
First head coaching gig at the ripe old age of 26 at Campbellsville (NAIA). 67-31 record there.
After 3 seasons left to go to Eastern Kentucky, Div I, Ohio Valley Conference, dumpster fire job, 7 straight seasons of losing records prior to him arriving. Took him 5 seasons to post a winning record there.
After the winning record season, took the UMass job. (Minutemen had a 136-137 record in the years after Calapari when he arrived)
After 3 seasons at UMass (62-35) left to take the OK State job replacing Sean Sutton (whole 'nother story). This is his 8th season there. (148-94)
Been a head coach for a total of 578 games (if my math is correct) counting the NAIA.

A large number of my family (first cousins) are graduates and HUGE fans of all things Oklahoma State and I can't tell you how badly they want Ford out of Stillwater. According to them, most everyone with ties at OSU want him fired.

Top Bottom