Questions for Dave Mona and the Sports Huddle

DL65

Reaction score
If you have a question about Gopher football, here's your chance to submit a query to Dave Mona for his consideration. Hopefully your question will be directed to coach Kill on 'CCO's the Sports Huddle Sunday mornings.

Go Gophers!!

Punting situtioin

Has the punting shown more consistency so far this spring? How is the new punter Peter Mortell doing?

How is the eligibility/entrance requirements for all of the incoming Freshman who are not already enrolled and currently practicing coming along? Will all of the them be on campus and eligible for Fall practices?

(Wondering if all of them will be admitted on time to start Fall practice, might be based on a rumor.)

1) There are Gopher football message boards (free and subscription) that are populated with passionate Gopher fans. Do you visit the message boards in your free moments? What are your thoughts about the message boards and the social media? Do you talk to the players about the internet outlets and the social media? If you do, how so?

2) A follow up to your response to a question last week about recruiting walkons. In your response, you said "it's not easy" and you referenced Minnesota's standards. Would you please elaborate?

3) You've frequently stressed during the Sports huddle and elsewhere the importance of academics for the individual and team. Since your staff continually monitors the team's academics, can you relate the team's progress this semester? Are all of the players participating fully in spring drills or are there players focusing solely on their academic course work? Have your concerns related to academics been alleviated?

Go Gophers!!

On a lighter note, my daughter and I enjoyed the music mix during last Friday's evening practice at TCF. How's the mix of music selected? Is a particular song (or songs) some kind of reward?...do the seniors get to choose?...the coaches?...random?...inquiring minds want to know.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

1) There are Gopher football message boards (free and subscription) that are populated with passionate Gopher fans. Do you visit the message boards in your free moments? What are your thoughts about the message boards and the social media? Do you talk to the players about the internet outlets and the social media? If you do, how so?

2) A follow up to your response to a question last week about recruiting walkons. In your response, you said "it's not easy" and you referenced Minnesota's standards. Would you please elaborate?

3) You've frequently stressed during the Sports huddle and elsewhere the importance of academics for the individual and team. Since your staff continually monitors the team's academics, can you relate the team's progress this semester? Are all of the players participating fully in spring drills or are there players focusing solely on their academic course work? Have your concerns related to academics been alleviated?

Go Gophers!!

+1 Exact same question I had.

What was behind the decision to hire an outside company to do the promotional videos? Whoever is responsible for them should be commended as I have loved every single one of them.

Will there be a new entrance/pump up montage now?

Has any progress been made in improving the game-day experience? With the new SKI-U-MAH on the helmets, maybe we could bring back the failed Brew-era pre game chant?

Will the work-out shirts the players wore during off-season training be available to the public? (The Pride, Commitment, etc.. ones)

As an addendum to Doc1001's question, how is the consistency in the placekicking phase progressing? Talk about the competition and the players battling for the placekicking duties: kickoffs, PATs and field goals.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom