Question regarding Nelson

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Random question. For those that have watched Nelson play, how would you described his play/style: Pro-style or dual threat?

I ask because Rivals lists him as the #16 pro style QB (I think)...He also ran for 1200+ yards and 20 TD's. Sounds fairly mobile/athletic and not just a drop back, pocket passer.

Sorry for another Nelson thread but didn't see it really mentioned anywhere else :)

Dual threat with the passing ability to play pro-style.

That's what I'd say. Pass first dual threat (Adam Weberish in that regard but don't take that as me saying they're the same player).

Personally, I'd say he's more pro-style with the running ability to be dual threat. In terms of running ability he's halfway between Christian Ponder and Tavaris Jackson if that helps.

i see him more as a pro style qb with the ability to scramble.. from my (albeit limmited) personal experiance i saw some one more comfortble passing in the pocket, however has the ability to make plays with his feet if the play breaks down..either running or passing

i understand he rushed for a ton of yards, against sub-par competition... im guessing next yr as he red shirts he will put on some muscle and be a 6-4 230-245 lb pocket passer with 5-10 plays where he bootlegs out and has the option to pass or run depending on the def. i think (or maube i should say i hope) Kill stops the ammount of designed qb runs.... part of me thinks is had to do with the sub par play of our ol and rb until later in the year. but the qb cant run the ball 15+ times a game in the b10 and last the year

Top Bottom