Question for OSUfan & MNboiler

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I'm trying to piece together the nonconference schedules of the other Big Ten schools. Have either of you heard anything about who'll be on next year's schedule? I'm specifically interested in which BCS schools you will play (excluding the Challenge), and where.

I've heard/seen that OSU will host Florida (return game), and that the Boilers will host West Virginia (3rd year of a 4-year deal) and play Butler @ Conseco as part of the doubleheader with Indiana-Notre Dame. As far as you know, are those reports accurate? Any others? Thanks in advance.

Matta mentioned before last season that they were scheduling a home & home with Kansas, which would start at Kansas this upcoming season. Certainly they will play at home vs. Florida in a similar event as last season, so you're spot on there. Unofficial reports are that the other three teams in the event this year are Wright State, Jackson State and North Florida (of course, those three would all be home games for OSU as well).

Yes, those reports are accurate regarding Purdue. They will host WV and then play Butler in Indy next season.

Also, the Boilers will be playing @ Xavier as part of a 2 year home and home deal. They will open the season with Northern Illinois at home on 11/11/11 for the Grand Re-Opening of Mackey Arena (talk about a lame opponent for such a game) and then I heard Western Michigan will be rounding out the Puerto Rico Classic field - although 1st round games are TBD.

Thanks guys.

I'd be pleased if Tubby comes even remotely close to scheduling a decent home-and-home. Our schedule needs the start of a quality home-and-home because the Old Spice Classic field looks pretty blah.

You guys have some good ones to look forward to in KU, Florida, West Virginia & Xavier.

I like the fact KU (and a few others like Arizona, UCLA, etc.) gets its nonconference schedule out early instead of dragging it out into July or August.

I hope Minnesota releases its nonconference schedule prior to June 24th, when season-ticket renewals are due. At least then we'd know exactly what we're paying for in terms of the November & December games.

Top Bottom