Question For Gopher Hockey Fans...

Twynntown

Reaction score
1) Who are the top 3 players on the current Gophers Hockey roster that you'd like GopherHole to interview?
2) What question(s) would you like us to ask?

1) I'd love to hear from Ambroz
2) What I'd want to hear about is his change from a low-scoring thumper into one of our top-scorers (and still a thumper). I am mainly curious if, based on the number of young forwards, there was a deliberate effort to make him more of a goal scorer this year and if he feels like his game is that different from what it was last yaear or if he is just continuing to improve and that has resulted in more goals (obviously his play is "different" in the sense that he is playing better, but I want to know if it is "different" in ways other than just the level at which he is playing).

1) I'd love to hear from Ambroz
2) What I'd want to hear about is his change from a low-scoring thumper into one of our top-scorers (and still a thumper). I am mainly curious if, based on the number of young forwards, there was a deliberate effort to make him more of a goal scorer this year and if he feels like his game is that different from what it was last yaear or if he is just continuing to improve and that has resulted in more goals (obviously his play is "different" in the sense that he is playing better, but I want to know if it is "different" in ways other than just the level at which he is playing).

Ahhh, hell! I had a talk with Ambroz yesterday. I will try to answer your question in the article I'm preparing, but you'll have to wait. Teaser.

What does Fasching feel about being traded to Buffalo? Do drafted Gophers feel much connection to their NHL team while they are still at Minnesota?

What does Fasching feel about being traded to Buffalo? Do drafted Gophers feel much connection to their NHL team while they are still at Minnesota?

I was actually wondering the same thing myself. I would imagine that going from LA to Buffalo would be kind of a drag, especially for a young guy. I'm not thinking so much about the present state of the teams, as I am the way of life in two very different cities. But, I have never been even close to their situation, so I'm not sure how they feel about it. Of course, you know that they will put a positive spin on whatever team they end up with.

And as far as connection to their NHL teams, I know from interviewing a few of these guys that they stay in touch with their teams, but nothing too overwhelming. Contact about once a month or so seems to be the norm. And, from what Lucia said this week, it's pretty normal for these guys to have their NHL rights traded while they're still in school. He mentioned a couple of guys that happened to, and said that Keith Ballard's rights were traded twice before he left school.

So yeah, long story short, I will try to find that out.

Yeah, it might be interesting. City wise LA might be preferable but organizationally Buffalo is just starting a rebuild which might fit an 18 year old well. By the time he is 20 or 21, it might be a perfect time to join the team.

Yeah, it might be interesting. City wise LA might be preferable but organizationally Buffalo is just starting a rebuild which might fit an 18 year old well. By the time he is 20 or 21, it might be a perfect time to join the team.

Exactly. And honestly, with a kid like Fasching, I think when a player inevitably uses the old cliché "I just want to do whatever's best for the team", he actually means it. He's not just going through the motions. Making the kind of money he'll probably be making, he can always make his off season home somewhere with a beach, right??

Top Bottom