Question? Do pro coaches make good college coaches?

Rog

Reaction score
I have my opinion but what is yours?

When Brewster was hired he stated with words to the effect that he was going to manage to other coaches but they would do the day to day teaching.

The "teaching pro coaches" don't generally have the experience to teach kids right out of High School. In the pros they get players who already have been taught and they can go on to the teaching at the next level.

This seems to be our situation. Your thoughts.

I have my opinion but what is yours?

When Brewster was hired he stated with words to the effect that he was going to manage to other coaches but they would do the day to day teaching.

The "teaching pro coaches" don't generally have the experience to teach kids right out of High School. In the pros they get players who already have been taught and they can go on to the teaching at the next level.

This seems to be our situation. Your thoughts.

I'm not sure Rog if this is our situation.

Remember, Brewster was a college coach for much, much longer than he was in the NFL. Fisch was also a college coach for a short time, but he is definitely an NFL guy (probably our only "true" NFL coach). Hightower and Davis had very short cups of coffee in the NFL, with Davis being at some of the most traditional college programs out there. I think outside of Fisch and Hightower, our entire coaching staff comes from the college ranks (Cosgrove, Lee, and Davis have MANY years of college coaching experience - and -Butler, Lewis, and Cross with no pro experience and only college experience.)

Thanks for th info

I'm not sure Rog if this is our situation.

Remember, Brewster was a college coach for much, much longer than he was in the NFL. Fisch was also a college coach for a short time, but he is definitely an NFL guy (probably our only "true" NFL coach). Hightower and Davis had very short cups of coffee in the NFL, with Davis being at some of the most traditional college programs out there. I think outside of Fisch and Hightower, our enSomethingtire coaching staff comes from the college ranks (Cosgrove, Lee, and Davis have MANY years of college coaching experience - and -Butler, Lewis, and Cross with no pro experience and only college experience.)

Thanks for the info - apparently the reason I gave doesn't match our situation. Something has happened and I hope the first thing that comes to mind isn't the reason.

Top Bottom