Quarantine Music

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
This was on Facebook, but not enough people were doing it to make it worth it. Since there are many posters on here with good music taste, please give me some new music to add to my list.

Someone you know has never listened to an artist you love. Pick three songs for them to listen to from said artist. Who and what do you choose? Do as many as you want. Obscure artists, obscure songs by well-known artists, or just the three best songs by an artist even if already popular. I don't care. I'll listen. Here are a few to start:

The Head and the Heart
Another Story
Rivers and Roads
Shake

Fountains of Wayne
Radiation Vibe
Denise
Mexican Wine

Imperial Teen
You're One
Baby
No Matter What you Say

Kacey Musgraves
Follow your Arrow
Fine
Slow Burn

Coldplay
Guns
Everything's Not Lost

Waterboys

This is the Sea
Strange Boat
The Whole of the Moon

Vaccines
I Can't Quit
If you Wanna
All in White

The Wild Feathers
The Ceiling
Sleepers
Wildfire

The Apples in Stereo
The Rainbow
Ruby
The Benefits Of Lying (With Your Friend)

That last one will appear late in a film I'll make someday.

My daughter has been introducing me to some local Texas country stuff (she would pick different songs):

Flatland Cavalry
Old School
Other Side of Lonesome
Years from Now

BTW to the OP, Kacey Musgraves is underrated...if that's possible.

Blank Range
Roommate's Girlfriend
Seemed Like Word Got Around
Ember In The Ash

Who remembers The Hang Ups?
Waiting
Jump Start
Runway

I stumbled on Woodshed Red in a resort bar in Saratoga, Wyoming, where I got felt up by the drummer's girlfriend. True story.
Forget Regret
Pink Pants
Slidin' Away

Failure
Sergeant Politeness
Counterfeit Sky
Heavy and Blind

Mostly known for their song 'Stuck on You'.

I only have one album by Jim's Big Ego, but it's very good.
Math Prof Rock Star
Asshole
The Music Of You

I'm a big Elvis Costello fan. But his catalogue is so vast, I'm nowhere near hearing it all. Here are three you may not have heard that are among my favorites:
My Dark Life
Radio Silence
The Name of This Thing Is Not Love

Apparently, there is a mystery station playing a list of 20 songs non stop 24/7 in the Seattle area:

Now that we have a new board, maybe this can get some more responses...

I really like electric violin and guitar/violin (mostly acoustic) combinations and I'm always looking for new artists/groups. Any recommendations?

Anyone try something new during quarantine? I picked up the banjo while furloughed and have been learning via Youtube videos. Fun instrument. I've been focusing on the clawhammer frailing technique vs. bluegrass picking technique as I like that sound better.

I know everyone's familiar with Los Lobos through La Bamba, but over the years they emerged as my favorite band with a rich and diverse catalog of songs. Here's my three:
Wreck of the Carlos Rey (w/Richard Thompson)
Can't Stop the Rain
Cumbia Raza

I'll be back with more, off to a Zoom meeting. . .

I know everyone's familiar with Los Lobos through La Bamba, but over the years they emerged as my favorite band with a rich and diverse catalog of songs. Here's my three:
Wreck of the Carlos Rey (w/Richard Thompson)
Can't Stop the Rain
Cumbia Raza

I'll be back with more, off to a Zoom meeting. . .
I loved Kiko and the Lavender Moon. I'll checkout more now. Just never got around to it.

I loved Kiko and the Lavender Moon. I'll checkout more now. Just never got around to it.
Their CD The Ride is really interesting-if I recall correctly, all the songs on the disc they team up with other musicians, so in addition to the aforementioned song with Thompson, they also have Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, and others that I'm blanking on right now, but it's really good stuff.

I'm a huge fan of epic music scores, so here are 3 from my favorite composer.

Thomas Bergersen
1. Return to Sender
2. Wither All Life and Love
3. Place in Heaven

Top Bottom