Quality of QB Recruiting in Recent Years

Deleted_User

Reaction score
I think Minnesota needs to get some skill players with our QB recruiting. Consider we recruited the following QB's and their ranking by position by that year (Rivals):

MG - #3
Mo Alipate - #16
Max Shortell - #22
Phil Nelson - #15

... Tom Parish - #15

If only we had the hands to receive!

2 of thoes 5 are no longer qb's or no longer a gopher.. with harbison, dre, maye, and the guy whos last name i cant spell (freutchte (sp))... i think kill understood he needed play makers.... add that to jones, dct, green... and i think we will see some play making ability over the next few years

2 of thoes 5 are no longer qb's or no longer a gopher.. with harbison, dre, maye, and the guy whos last name i cant spell (freutchte (sp))... i think kill understood he needed play makers.... add that to jones, dct, green... and i think we will see some play making ability over the next few years

+1

A big reason they haven't succeeded up to those rankings is because of all the coaching changes. New offenses probably affect quarterback more than any other position.

Also, Rivals rates QBs as Pro-Style and Dual-Threat. So multiply all those numbers by two if you want their actual QB rankings.

Wait, 2 of those guys have left? I thought only Parrish has left?

MV refers to Alipate as "unofficially officially" not a qb any more. TE now, I believe.

I feel much better about WR with this class. A month ago, it looked like our wideouts would be Fruechte and tbd. To land McDonald, Harbison, and Maye in addition is huge for the program. It would be nice to redshirt Harbison and Maye. Add in DCT who is only a Soph, and the future at WR looks bright.

Top Bottom