QB S2 Cognition test scores leaked, CJ Stroud only in the 18th percentile

From what I've seen of Wunderlic scores, maybe it's a factor in QB success, but it's just one small factor of many that make a QB great. There have been some decent QBs with low Wunderlic scores.
Time will tell how this new test correlates to QB success.

What's odd is in game Stroud does well in the things the test measures.
Like what?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure how well a connotative test sitting at computer really tells you about performance under stress.

I'm thinking along the lines of what I've read about fighter pilot's ability to understand what is influencing them, influencing others, and make quick decisions and predictions based on all that.

I'm just not sure a one time test sitting at a computer really gives you a sense of that compared to ... say something they've practiced for much of their life.

Maybe Gopherhole posters could pay to have @Tommyboy take the test, and we can see if he can beat CJ’s grades. I’m not too confident.
Well clearly you're forgetting that @Tommyboy is just a young student in college, same age as that Kristoff kid. Give him a year or two to get into those upper division classes and he'll do fine on this test!

From what I've seen of Wunderlic scores, maybe it's a factor in QB success, but it's just one small factor of many that make a QB great. There have been some decent QBs with low Wunderlic scores.
Time will tell how this new test correlates to QB success.
Didn't Marino score like 11 or something?

I'm just not sure a one time test sitting at a computer really gives you a sense of that compared to ... say something they've practiced for much of their life.
Imagine if one of us older guys took it, where not even used to staring incessantly at a screen!

(Humor aside, there could be something to that though. I'd still prefer a paper and pencil test. Do they even have "blue books" anymore???)

A lot of tOSU QBs in the past have…At the college level.
As someone rooting for the Bears this year, I hope Fields bucks that trend!

(On a side note, I wonder how much of that is related to Urban Meyer. For all of his success in college, Alex Smith is the only QB of his to accomplish much of anything in the NFL, minus the insane comebacks week after week that Tebow had that one season. Maybe now that Ryan Day's stamp is on the program, we'll see more NFL QBs come out of there?)

I remember when one of the reasons that the Vikings drafted Christian Ponder was because he was a Rhodes scholar. Just saying.
Terry Bradshaw couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the "c" and the "a," but he did alright.

Top Bottom