Q&A with Gophers Duke Anyanwu

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Gopher Sports: What did you do this offseason?

Duke Anyanwu: We obviously had a lot of workouts. Other than that I did a lot of networking professionally and working myself. I held an internship out in Eden Prairie with API group doing a project manager internship. I did a lot of things network-wise. I tried to broaden my horizons and meet a lot of people and set up for life beyond football. On the field, we grinded a lot. Leadership this offseason was phenomenal. To be able to talk to some of those guys and see how some of those guys like Mitch and Damarius have stepped up and lead us to being a way better program since I've been here.

GS: What did you do at your internship?

DA: My internship consisted of overseeing technicians, whether it be HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) guys, plumbers or workers of that nature. I oversaw where they went. I was in charge of filling quotations and getting jobs set up for big buildings like hospitals or corporate buildings. My job was to go out there and take care of any issues these people had that were HVAC and plumbing related. I also worked with some of the project managers they had there. I helped with customer relations and pitching field quotes to some of the managers that were at some of the sites that we worked with.

GS: How’s the progress on your master’s degree going?

DA: I was fortunate to graduate early with my sport management undergraduate degree and a leadership minor and I’m also now going to graduate in the spring with my master’s degree in sport management. It’s been a great ride. School is something I take very seriously because your body may not hold up forever as a lot of people know and you have to be ready for life after football. You have to be able to hop into the work world. School is something I really take pride in. I’m excited to graduate this spring with my master’s and see where life goes from there.

GS: Do you have any plans after you graduate?

DA: I have another year of eligibility so if I stay healthy that would be awesome. If not, I will hopefully get into the NCAA leadership program, that’s an internship out in Indianapolis. There’s also a few opportunities I’m going to explore at the corporate level or work in athletic administration. I want to end up at a private institution and ultimately be an athletic director. That would be really great for me depending on where I can get in because sports is a really big world but everyone seems to know everyone.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090816aab.html

Go Gophers!!

Keep going with your dreams! You're on the right track!

Sounds like Duke has done well in the classroom and has a bright future.
Will he be able to play this season?

Top Bottom