Q&A: Gophers AD sits down with Andy Greder from PP

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Questions ranged from a variety of things but one addressed the contract situation with Coach Fleck and one talked about the possible sell out against Ohio State.

When you agreed to a new contact for football coach P.J. Fleck in 2019, the buyout figure was $10 million for him to leave in Year 1, but that fell to $4.5 million now. Where are you at on a potential contract extension for him?​

We’ve extended him each year I’ve been here. Again, his first year when he was 5-7, we extended him, and we extended him again in Year 2 when he was 6-6 and then we won the Quick Lane Bowl. He is in Year 2 of a seven-year agreement right now. Again, he has done everything we ask him to do. Our goal is to keep him here long term. P.J. and I get along really well. We have a really good relationship. He trusts me. I trust him completely. Heather (his wife) brings me candy on road trips, I love that. I’m a big candy guy. We have a really good relationship. We are so fortunate to have him and Heather here leading our program. He has been the ultimate change agent. …

How close to a sellout is the football team’s season opener next week against Ohio State?

Really close. I think we have 6,000 new season tickets. We’ve doubled the number of student season tickets from 2019. I think any day now, we will be able to announce a sellout for Ohio State, which is phenomenal.

Full Q&A in the link below..

Gopher AD sits down with Andy

Double the number of student season tickets? Wonder what this actual numbers are.

Double the number of student season tickets? Wonder what this actual numbers are.
Don't hold me to the precise numbers because this is from a conversation about other things and my memory isn't crystal clear, but I believe that they sold somewhere around 3,400 student tickets in '19 and were thinking they might sell 6,400 this season. The estimate of a 3,000 ticket increase for this year is a week or more old, so if things have picked up at all, they might be close to doubling it.

Don't hold me to the precise numbers because this is from a conversation about other things and my memory isn't crystal clear, but I believe that they sold somewhere around 3,400 student tickets in '19 and were thinking they might sell 6,400 this season. The estimate of a 3,000 ticket increase for this year is a week or more old, so if things have picked up at all, they might be close to doubling it.
Wonder how they did that?

Students want in-person experience. They don't think they're at risk of illness. (I'm not here arguing they are, just comment on what I think they're thinking)

No one wants (to pay for!) virtual college for four years.

Questions ranged from a variety of things but one addressed the contract situation with Coach Fleck and one talked about the possible sell out against Ohio State.

When you agreed to a new contact for football coach P.J. Fleck in 2019, the buyout figure was $10 million for him to leave in Year 1, but that fell to $4.5 million now. Where are you at on a potential contract extension for him?​

We’ve extended him each year I’ve been here. Again, his first year when he was 5-7, we extended him, and we extended him again in Year 2 when he was 6-6 and then we won the Quick Lane Bowl. He is in Year 2 of a seven-year agreement right now. Again, he has done everything we ask him to do. Our goal is to keep him here long term. P.J. and I get along really well. We have a really good relationship. He trusts me. I trust him completely. Heather (his wife) brings me candy on road trips, I love that. I’m a big candy guy. We have a really good relationship. We are so fortunate to have him and Heather here leading our program. He has been the ultimate change agent. …

How close to a sellout is the football team’s season opener next week against Ohio State?

Really close. I think we have 6,000 new season tickets. We’ve doubled the number of student season tickets from 2019. I think any day now, we will be able to announce a sellout for Ohio State, which is phenomenal.

Full Q&A in the link below..

Gopher AD sits down with Andy
I just hope that those kids actually come to games instead of partying and watching the games elsewhere. We want occupied seats.

Top Bottom