PWO offer Connor Keyes (Kyle Rudolph’s cousin); UPDATE: Committed

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
6’3” 220 OLB. 12.5 sacks and 101 tackles playing for the state runner-up (34th ranked nationally) in Ohio.

Apparently, his recruitment got shut down over the summer due to a ruptured appendix. He says he couldn’t do any running or attend camps.

Rudolph’s tweet seems to imply it’s a done deal.

His tape looks pretty good to me. I want this kid on my team.

Last edited:

Here’s an article about the ruptured appendix. He was here in MN visiting Kyle when it happened. He spent 15 days in a MN hospital, and lost 30 pounds! A month before the season started, he only weighed 185.

He’s listed at Rivals, but no information, no picture, just 2020 linebacker.

Ruptured appendix doesn't sound good at all. He'll earn a scholarship while he is here. I have high hopes for Connor!

Getting quality walk-ons is a key aspect for successful programs. Seems like this kid may fit that mold. Glad to have him on board. Plus it gives Kyle Rudolph a reason to hang around the program which can't hurt either.

"Hey cuz you got a room I can crash in?"

"Yeah got 12 of them on Lake Minnetonka take your pick."

Unfortunately I am not sure how much longer Rudolph will be a Viking.

Getting quality walk-ons is a key aspect for successful programs. Seems like this kid may fit that mold. Glad to have him on board. Plus it gives Kyle Rudolph a reason to hang around the program which can't hurt either.
Agree. 4-5 years ago I really didn't know much or hear much about PWOs. Their importance is, er...important.

Unfortunately I am not sure how much longer Rudolph will be a Viking.

Just a gut feeling but I think Rudolph is more likely to retire then to play somewhere else. Seems like he really wants to be here and usually when that is the case the team and player find a way to work it out.

Even if he does go somewhere else though there is still plenty of the year where he could be around the U of M and the football program.

Maybe he’ll teach our tight end room how to catch a football.

Someone would have to throw at them first... :)

If Sanford incorporates passes to the TE into the offense he will be beloved by a big portion of this board. Simon did call a couple TE passes in the bowl game and they worked out pretty well so maybe that will be a new part of the offense going forward. :)

If Sanford incorporates passes to the TE into the offense he will be beloved by a big portion of this board. Simon did call a couple TE passes in the bowl game and they worked out pretty well so maybe that will be a new part of the offense going forward. :)
Agreed. I really believe like the rest of you that this would be a very nice wrinkle in our offense. Hoping Simon does something with the tight ends.

Agreed. I really believe like the rest of you that this would be a very nice wrinkle in our offense. Hoping Simon does something with the tight ends.
Yeah but how do you do that without a TE room!?!?!

Yeah but how do you do that without a TE room!?!?!
We have one, just not the quality of others' based on what I read on GH. Probably could use some new blinds, might want to think about pulling up the soiled carpet and put in some ceramic tile. Add some track lighting to brighten the place up a bit ?

Would really help bring in big names to have someone like Rudolph stick around after his NFL career ends. Always nice to have big NFL names surrounding your program, even if he wasn’t a U of M grad.

Rudolph had already been involved with the program.

He’s done some charity appearances with PJ, as well.

Rudolph had already been involved with the program.

He’s done some charity appearances with PJ, as well.
Can someone explain to me why Tiquan Underwood would refer to the Gophers as "our team" from a quick google search it doesn't appear like he has ever been affiliated with our program.

Can someone explain to me why Tiquan Underwood would refer to the Gophers as "our team" from a quick google search it doesn't appear like he has ever been affiliated with our program.

As far as I can tell, he was with the Buccaneers when PJ was the WR coach. He also played for Rutgers, but that was before PJ got there. Looking at the timeline on his wiki page, he might have been in between jobs when this photo was taken. Maybe he was hanging out with the team.

Top Bottom