Put on your thinking caps for the Sports Huddle

DL65

Reaction score
Coach Kill appears on the Sports Huddle for only one segment and that's the way it will be until spring drills commence. As a result, he is asked about six or seven questions each week.

Realizing that the Sports Huddle is Sid's show and the questions that he frequently asks are repetitive, they, nevertheless, often find their way into his column. That said, there are probably questions or items of interest that you'd like asked. Dave has used some of the questions raised on this message board in his line of questioning on the Sports Huddle. So, if you have a serious question that you'd like raised, please submit it in this thread. Your question might be used by Dave next Sunday morning. This morning Dave asked a third of the questions.

Go Gophers!!

I want to know if they plan to throw across the middle more this fall.

How many linemen can bench 225, 30 or more times?

Who are some of the underclassman that will be pushing for serious playing time next year that maybe didnt see the field much this season?

Are any of the players in the secondary going to change position?

Has Foster Bush recovered from his injury? Do you see a position change on the horizon for Dexter Foreman?

I would like to hear a good description about the theory about how a faster, smaller defense can work in the B10. I fall into the trap that if you have a 320 lb offensive lineman it will trump a smaller, faster defensive.

is the team goal to make it to the 2013-2014 Big Ten Championship game?

What's the word on the 4 recruits who enrolled early and will participate in Spring Practice? Oh I forgot, that has been addressed weekly for the past 6 weeks.

So how about what is the word on the new kicker that recently came in on PWO. Would Kill prefer one kicker to handle punting and one kicking or would he be fine with one guy handling both duties, i.e. Santoso? Is there any advantage to have only one guy do both to try and save a scholarship or would that tax them too much.

Who are some of the underclassman that will be pushing for serious playing time next year that maybe didnt see the field much this season?

For me more specifically on the offensive line.

We have a logjam on the O line is anybody (McAvoy's for instance) going to be moved to DL?

1. Our kicking has been a problem for years - will Santoso get a serious shot at being our starting Kicker?

2. Definitely need more speed at RB - Will Berkley Edward fill that role? No plans to redshirt him?

Jerry, in all honesty, where are the strongest and weakest points of your plan, right now? Please do not mention names, but challenge the troops in privacy, and let them have at it as exactly that...challenges...

What do you think of Minnesota High School Football as a whole and what do you think schools and/or administrators could do to help produce more high end talent in the state if anything?

Why can't we have spring football in Minnesota?

1) What changes, if any, do you plan to implement in this year's spring game? Makeup of the two teams (1st offense against 1 defense?)?

2) Any special events before and after the spring game?

3) Any football caravan tours in outstate Minnesota this summer?

4) What position changes, if any, are you considering for spring drills?

Go Gophers!!

If kill could wake up tomorrow, what 3 things would he want facility wise (changed or have built) at the U of M.

Now that you have had two recruiting classes in which you have had a whole year to recruit each of them it appears that you have learned to do some things differently with this last class. Could you elaborate on how you are evolving your recruiting process here at Minnesota?

When you arrived at Minnesota you simplified your offense because you had a very young team. Then at the bowl game you added and changed the offense to be more like what you did at Northern Illinois. How do you see the offense evolving this fall?

will he, shall he or does he need three, five or seven recruiting classes?

What's the entire story with Andre McDonald? Please provide details.

I know he will hate this question,but, what will he venture to guess this teams record after the season?

Coach Kill & staff recruit players to fit the system. However, IMO they have to start attracting 4* if they want to be in the upper echelon of B1G. They have to win more games to do so. More B1G in particular. With the additions of Maryland & Rutgers, the competition is elevated. How confident are they that they can achieve that aim with the current group of players & recruits?

Top Bottom