Purdue kicks off spring ball

swingman

Reaction score
New dc (Diaco, who struggled at Lincoln), they like the qb who finished game against us, Both the good WRs out, the good dt out...

Diaco did pretty well last season as DC at Louisiana Tech. He was only DC at Lincoln one year, which as you point out wasn’t great. Certainly better than Frost has done, though!

I like Purdue. I hope they finish second in the B1G West.

Purdue has some weapons. They will be tough if they stay healthy

I felt they were hit so hard with injuries last season that nobody got a chance to see them at their full potential once the B1G season rolled around. Assuming the injury bug doesn't hit them again this season, I expect them to be a vastly improved team, and a potential factor.

The way the college football attention goes - it is always "what have you done for me lately" so I'm sure Purdue will be well off the national college football radar.

I am already seeing Nebraska listed as a "top returning offense" and writers yet again beating the "Nebraska is back" drum. Perhaps that will one day be true (sooner or later it has to be true) but the question is, will all the crying wolf evidence ever lead to a normal hype off season for them?

If Purdue can put a healthy QB on the field with WRs Moore and Bell both playing at full speed, then Purdue Offense > Nebraska Offense. Question for both teams is whether their defenses can keep up.

I felt they were hit so hard with injuries last season that nobody got a chance to see them at their full potential once the B1G season rolled around. Assuming the injury bug doesn't hit them again this season, I expect them to be a vastly improved team, and a potential factor.

The way the college football attention goes - it is always "what have you done for me lately" so I'm sure Purdue will be well off the national college football radar.

I am already seeing Nebraska listed as a "top returning offense" and writers yet again beating the "Nebraska is back" drum. Perhaps that will one day be true (sooner or later it has to be true) but the question is, will all the crying wolf evidence ever lead to a normal hype off season for them?

I wasn't that high on Purdue heading into the year because they went with the band aid approach under Brohm where they brought in a lot of transfers and juco guys initially so they lost a ton off the 2018 team. Fully healthy though they do have some weapons and should be improved.

Have not looked at a lot of preseason publications but I have not seen a ton of Nebraska love to this point, definitely not on the level of last year when people were losing their mind about them.

Big Ten West is going to be very interesting again this year. Can Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa maintain? Can Northwestern, Purdue, and Nebraska rise up? And who knows what to expect from Illinois.

Purdue must hate playing Minnesota, it seems like they have a key injury every time we play.

Purdue and Nebraska both have a long ways to go on defense.

Top Bottom