Purdue in bottom half of B10 next year?

Reaction score
With Johnson and Moore both leaving, is it feasible that Purdue ends up in the bottom half of the conference? I just don't see a lot else from their team they can look forward to next year for.

If Hummel reacts like the average player with two torn ACLs, it could be ugly.

I wonder if Robbie will return. Only if the desire to play in the pros offsets the real possibly that the knee goes again.

If they play like they played tonight, they would finish last in the MAC.

They'll still have some pretty good role players.

PG - Lewis Jackson
SG - Ryne Smith
SF - Barlow or Byrd
PF - Hummel
"C" - Travis Carroll

Now I don't know who the incoming recruits are (and frankly until they have played a few games it is hard to tell what impact they will have on the team) but Smith is a good shooter and both Barlow and Jackson have a chance to become really nice players next year when everything doesn't run through JJ and EM. Obviously Hummel will be a big deciding factor in whatever becomes of Purdue. I don't think I would automatically throw them to the bottom just because they had a bad game tonight. There is potential there.

barlow is probably gone. he was suspended. hummel probably wont be 100 %, when your best player is lewis jackson, i dont know if you can put purdue in the top half. everyone else has some talent to their names still

Is Painter not bringing in any freshman? Or are we going to just go off of their returning players? Not knowing who they have coming in, I wouldn't bet on them being in the bottom half based on historical results.

Is Painter not bringing in any freshman? Or are we going to just go off of their returning players? Not knowing who they have coming in, I wouldn't bet on them being in the bottom half based on historical results.

They have signed a 4 star and a 3 star- both power forwards.

Purdue 2011-2012

Johnson and Moore are the only Seniors

Barlow is as good as gone. He was hangin' with Devoe Joseph and failed at least 2 drug tests.

Seniors: Jackson, Smith, Hummel
Juniors: Bade, Byrd, Hart
Soph: Carroll, T. Johnson, Marcius
Frosh: A. Johnson, Lawson, Hale

Anthony Johnson is a top 100 player from the 2010 class that redshirted this year because of their depth at guard (at least for most of the season).

Jacob Lawson is an athletic forward coming in, however, he suffered an achilles injury this season and there's some speculation he may redshirt next year.

Donnie Hale was a top 150 player at one point in the 2010 class but due to a scholarship crunch he is attending a prep school this year and reportedly has been a beast.

As for Barlow's scholarship, the word is that Purdue is likely to bank it for 2012 or maybe even 2013. The 2013 class in the state of Indiana is absolutely loaded - probably the best in the country. 2012 targets still include Garry Harris (likely to MSU or IU) and Jeremy Hollowell (likely to IU tthis week). A.J. Hammons is also a 2012 long shot.

There are also rumblings that another player may be leaving the program inthe coming weeks - freeing up another scholarship but that is nothing more than mesage board speculation.

Painter's gotta find some talent to replace JJJ and Moore ... could be a rough year for Purdue if he doesn't.

Purdue Next Season

Purdue always seems to be competitive. Painter is a very good coach and they really seem to do a good job of developing their players. The improvement in their talent is on-going year after year in my opinion. They always have good outside shooting. They may start out slow but probably will improve as the season moves on.

Top Bottom