Purdue dumps Becky. 61 -55

Reaction score
AJ Hammonds controlled the game ; 24 points and a ton of boards. Same old, same old Becky. The loss of 5 seconds on the shot clock really hurts them. Plus, they've no shooters. Purdue the real deal. Score should've been worse, but the hack job Becky did on defense didn't get called. Hammonds was pretty much mugged the whole game.

It was kinda nice to watch a Big Ten basketball game again, too bad we stink this year. I hope we can at least get one or two wins against either a top half Big Ten team or Wisconsin. Something like the Michigan State game last year, or @Iowa to lesser degree, where you're not expecting to win, but it goes better than you think, and it's just so much fun to watch.

Can someone remind me why the Gophs didnt get Illikainen?

Can someone remind me why the Gophs didnt get Illikainen?

i could be wrong on the exact timing, but we had 2 scholarships available. nwankwo took one, then jarvis took the other which left alex out. he took a visit to uw and committed a week after that. alex had an offer on the table for well over a year so he had plenty of time to commit. obviously nwankwo never maded it here but we "traded" him to vcu for murphy and we seem to have the best freshman of those three (alex, jordan, jonathan) at least as of now.

Zright if we sign Illikainen we probably don't end up with murphy

AJ Hammonds controlled the game ; 24 points and a ton of boards. Same old, same old Becky. The loss of 5 seconds on the shot clock really hurts them. Plus, they've no shooters. Purdue the real deal. Score should've been worse, but the hack job Becky did on defense didn't get called. Hammonds was pretty much mugged the whole game.

I know this may be a stupid question or possibly may have an obvious answer, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind calling them "Becky" all the time.

I know this may be a stupid question or possibly may have an obvious answer, but I would like to hear the reasoning behind calling them "Becky" all the time.

When you refer to the Vikings as the Viqueens or Bucky as Becky, you make their fans feel bad.

Imagine how my friend Becky feels when I call her Bucky. Usually it's just when she is bombed or dressed like a skunk in a popcorn box.

Probably the same reason most Wisconsin fans call Minnesota the Goofers.

Imagine how my friend Becky feels when I call her Bucky. Usually it's just when she is bombed or dressed like a skunk in a popcorn box.

My fried Becky hates it. That's for sure.

Attachments

• image-178382817.jpg
    image-178382817.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 21

So is Purdue legit? Their front court seems imposing, but they seem a bit plodding. Can they play with teams that have 5 athletes that can run the floor? Like Mich St when all players are healthy.. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Top Bottom