Proud of the players' efforts

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
Just back from the game and I have to say - to any player or player's parent that reads this board - that I am proud of the efforts of the team today.

Given the circumstances (and the questionable officiating) it might have been easy to lay down for a powerhouse program like Penn State, but the scholar-athletes in Maroon and Gold fought the whole game.

The next four opponents will all be very formidable, but if the team can put this much effort into every game, and if the coaching staff can do a good job of game-planning and if the refs don't hose us, then I think we still have a shot or two as a springboard to 2011.

Go Gophers!

I was thinking the same thing and I am glad someone posted this. The boys had a lot of adversity this week but came in and played a pretty good game. They were right there within a TD in the third quarter before Penn St. pulled away and I liked how Weber's talents were utilized a little better. He is a lot better QB than some people on here think and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in an NFL camp next summer.

They really fought hard the whole game and I am proud of their efforts here!!

Hear Hear!! The guys played hard today. I was especially proud of guys like Weber and McKnight, who really played well. Amazing Weber is only the 5th guy in Big Ten history to go over 10,000 yards. What an accomplishment.

These kids are all auditioning for the new coaching staff (wherever or whoever they may be) or auditioning for another school in case they want to transfer. They still got manhandled by posibly the worst PSU team in their storied history.

These kids are all auditioning for the new coaching staff (wherever or whoever they may be) or auditioning for another school in case they want to transfer. They still got manhandled by posibly the worst PSU team in their storied history.

Wow, negativity from Art? No way. :rolleyes:

Didn't Penn State go 3-9 in 2003? And 4-8 in 2004? They'd have to lose out just to match that 4-8 record.

Complaining about the officials and being proud of the effort of the players after they have lost are hallmarks of a losing team and a losing football program. The only thing that matters is winning football games. Since the Gophers lost a winnable game today the coaching staff and every player on the team failed. The entire team needs a kick in the ass instead of a pat on the back. And they need to get ready for Ohio State next week.

Complaining about the officials and being proud of the effort of the players after they have lost are hallmarks of a losing team and a losing football program. The only thing that matters is winning football games. Since the Gophers lost a winnable game today the coaching staff and every player on the team failed. The entire team needs a kick in the ass instead of a pat on the back. And they need to get ready for Ohio State next week.

I understand where you are coming from but I think you need both a kick in the rear and a pat on the back sometimes. They got their kick in the rear last week when their coach was fired and the entire program was (again) ridiculed. I don't see how acknowledging a good effort is all that bad.

Good Effort

First off, as a fan I hate losing. So, that means that I am not satisfied with another L.

That noted, I was concerned even before the first whistle in the lackluster way the team took the field.

That concern was misplaced. There was good effort today and I think HC Horton and the kids deserve the recognition.

Maybe the program has hit bottom. If so, only up from here.

Go Gophers! Beat the Buckeyes!

translation: 'Get OFF MawwYYY LAWWWNNN!!!'

Maybe the program has hit bottom. If so, only up from here.

Go Gophers! Beat the Buckeyes!

I like how you suggest the program has hit rock bottom and then immediately mention who are next opponent is. LOL!

I just find it funny. And sad.

one of my favorite all time gopher moments:

seeing McKnight on the bike slowly pedaling, head down, with the body language of, "I hate that I'm here, I can't wait for this to end."

Lets look at the effort of the fans. Did we stay until the end? Stand and get crazy when we were on defense? Make the bank an imposing place to come as a visitor?
I think this team works hard every week. We need to help them and do the same.

seeing McKnight on the bike slowly pedaling, head down, with the body language of, "I hate that I'm here, I can't wait for this to end."

That's one of your all time FAVORITE moments???

Re: Favorite Moments

Yeah, that one will stick in my mind forever.....NOT!

ok, i take back favorite. i shoulda said a moment that describes the state of our program.

He should be the one that's thanking the Gophers staff for offering one, if not the only, D1 scholarship that he got. He at least has a legit chance of making it into the NFL now.

Top Bottom