Programming Note for Northwestern

jaymil

Reaction score
The Michigan vs Maryland game was moved to 11 am from 7 pm because of the possibility of storms in the area. This means Michigan and Maryland will be on the main BTN channel and our game vs Northwestern will be moved to an alternate channel. Just a heads up.

http://btn.com/btn-gamefinder/

I don't think Comcast gives us alternate channels in HD. Fantastic.

Guess I'll watch it on whatever Internet delay there is on BTN2GO and not be able to follow the game thread or Twitter. Either that or suffer through it in standard definition.

Standard Definition...yay...BTN2Go for me.

I hate that Michigan's name takes priority. Minnesota-Northwestern actually has implications whereas the Michigan game is going to be a 20+ point blowout

Edit: Nevermind. I typed in my zipcode and cable provider and they're showing Minnesota in HD for me and Michigan on the SD alternate channel. I would assume it should be the same for everyone in Minnesota and all people with Midcontinent in SD and ND?

Guess I'll watch it on whatever Internet delay there is on BTN2GO and not be able to follow the game thread or Twitter. Either that or suffer through it in standard definition.

Got a local watering hole that might show the game?

Edit: Actually, isn't that only for those who are out of the TC market? I'm pretty sure the game will be shown on the regular BTN for those in the MN market. Enter your zip code in the link that was provided and select Comcast. When I put a Minneapolis zip code in, it shows it will be on channel 256.

Wait so if you live Minnesota, we can't watch our team play? ****in Bull****!!!!!!!!!!
Where MY Country Gone?

The Michigan vs Maryland game was moved to 11 am from 7 pm because of the possibility of storms in the area. This means Michigan and Maryland will be on the main BTN channel and our game vs Northwestern will be moved to an alternate channel. Just a heads up.

http://btn.com/btn-gamefinder/

The link says in the Twin Cities it will still be the Gophers on 256 for Comcast.

The link says in the Twin Cities it will still be the Gophers on 256 for Comcast.

I live out of state and don't know how they handle it for people in Minnesota. That makes sense though.

256 is standard definition channel for Comcast

So 256 for Comcast means the game will be broadcast in standard definition. That should be unacceptable to the University of Minnesota that the BTN gives them second class treatment in their home market, we should be on the HD version in this market and the Michigan and Maryland game should be on the alternate or non-HD channel 256, at least in Minnesota and Illinois.

What are the chances that any of the local establishments will get the game in HD if we are all getting the game in SD at home?

This mostly effects cable package viewers correct because I think the BTN alternate channels are in HD for people that have dish programming.

So 256 for Comcast means the game will be broadcast in standard definition. That should be unacceptable to the University of Minnesota that the BTN gives them second class treatment in their home market.
What are the chances that any of the local establishments will get the game in HD if we are all getting the game in SD at home?

256 is not standard definition. 64 & 255 is. There is also a 9?? channel of BTN that Comcast provides in HD that is the same as 256.

Got a local watering hole that might show the game?

Edit: Actually, isn't that only for those who are out of the TC market? I'm pretty sure the game will be shown on the regular BTN for those in the MN market. Enter your zip code in the link that was provided and select Comcast. When I put a Minneapolis zip code in, it shows it will be on channel 256.

Just checked with my zip code. You're right, it shows the Michigan game as being on the alternate channel. Phew. Crisis averted.

256 is not standard definition. 64 & 255 is. There is also a 9?? channel of BTN that Comcast provides in HD that is the same as 256.

I get digital preferred and the channel is 867 it is our HD version of the BTN, we get 255 and 256 in SD unless I am thinking of something else. They Comcast just whiped out a bunch of the 200 level channels in HD at least all local channels. The alternate channels in the 690's are all Standard definition. I have a feeling I will need to go somewhere else like BW3 to get the game in HD.

I have an easy solution...move our game to 7pm. That would be great.

Get on it Mr. Delany.

No worries if you are out in the sticks (West Central, MN) like me. Did the Zip Code check and it is the Minnesota game on 833 (HD) (Main BTN Channel) if you have Mediacom Cable. :cool:

No worries if you are out in the sticks (West Central, MN) like me. Did the Zip Code check and it is the Minnesota game on 833 (HD) (Main BTN Channel) if you have Mediacom Cable. :cool:

Same here with Charter.

Mich and Mary on the Alternate.

charter in south metro will show Michipuke game vs merrrylund
cannot see how they cant show more than one game since i have at least 4 channel that play the same feed for BTN

I'm a little surprised that our game didn't have enough appeal for one of the ESPN channels. Most people consider this is going to be a good close game. I suppose Ohio State and Michigan State will draw more eye balls even if their games are not close.

Seriously - if sports are a priority just get Directv already. We should all get rid of cable/satellite for scripted content, but Directv will always show your sports in HD.

Seriously - if sports are a priority just get Directv already. We should all get rid of cable/satellite for scripted content, but Directv will always show your sports in HD.

this. not even close when it comes to directv vs. cable/dish network in terms of sports. directv does the best job and always has all the HD options.

Dish HD will carry the games on the main network 405-01 and the alternate channel of 405-02. People who don't subscribe to the HD channels will probably have the same options.

In the end, it looks like the time change wasn't necessary as the hurricane is going to stay out to sea.

Be sure to double check if you're recording. I had to manually program the game yesterday, per BTN/gamefinder's info., but discovered tonight that they've changed the channel and had to reprogram. Sheesh.

Went to a Super Bowl party at a friend's place who had DirecTV once. It snowed. We missed parts of the game.

Never again.

Dish HD will carry the games on the main network 405-01 and the alternate channel of 405-02. People who don't subscribe to the HD channels will probably have the same options.

Now Dish HD still has the game on 405-02 but has the main BTN Channel carrying the Michigan at Maryland game at 11:00AM AND 7:00PM. ;)

And here we see the dilemmas of 1st world problems... [emoji464]

Zip code check doesn't work for Canada. I pvred the game and am now at the cottage. Will be very pissed if i do not get the game. Would have taped the alternate channel but no other game was shown.

I will be very surprised if Gopher game ends up on alternative channel anywhere in MN.

Top Bottom