President Biden Today -- Grade A

Wally

Reaction score
In case the Fellas want to scream "fraud" the head of the BLS has been in place since 2019 and used to work at...The Heritage Foundation. Which might lead more suspicious folks to question why they made such a big "error" and corrected it just after election day. But it's probably more difficult to do estimate these #'s then it's ever been before.
I wouldn't assume it's nefarious, I am not THAT paranoid...

jamiche

Reaction score
The board donalds have smothered this board, so it's not much fun anymore. It is, however, worth reminding them of the big picture. In 2009 Dubs left the country in a big fucking mess. Obama had to pull the country out of it, working against the complete, absolute opposition of the repubs. In January, 2021 Donald left the country in an even bigger fucking mess, while threatening to overturn the election and burn the constitution. Biden is having to pull the country out of it, working against the opposition of Donald and his completely deranged seditionists.

Wally

Reaction score
The board donalds have smothered this board, so it's not much fun anymore. It is, however, worth reminding them of the big picture. In 2009 Dubs left the country in a big fucking mess. Obama had to pull the country out of it, working against the complete, absolute opposition of the repubs. In January, 2021 Donald left the country in an even bigger fucking mess, while threatening to overturn the election and burn the constitution. Biden is having to pull the country out of it, working against the opposition of Donald and his completely deranged seditionists.
They are patriots fighting for the right of their supporters to be poor and aggrieved.
🤣

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Honest question, since I assume you've posted here much longer than I:

- has this board every been actually reasonable?

I don't think I've ever had an actual, honest discussion with a reasonable person who generally is for less government/regulation. And certainly, such people exist in the real world.

It's all psycho Alex Jones level assholes, who act like bots, fetching whatever meme or Tweet tickles them.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Honest question, do you really think that's what has happened? Essentially, Sleepy Joe and the Dems have f'd things up so bad, beyond belief, that a good portion of the moderate and reasonable Dems (and even some of the enraged ones at times), have retreated because in all honesty, what can you really say?

A reasonable Dem has pretty much nothing to say to defend this complete shitshow, and probably rightfully so. If you think it wasn't similar the other way around with the Trump hatred for a handful of years, that's some pretty strong revisionist history.

Whether you're left or right, it's not good for basically anybody for Grandpa Joe to have f'd things up so bad. It's not a good situation, all the way around.

The board has become more divided at roughly the same time the media decided to divide the country in the interest of ratings and entertainment; roughly 2010-2015 or so. Barry played the victim card like nobody we've ever seen, played it to a "T". I never recall in my life really any type of "us vs them" mentality for almost the first 40 years of my life. Now that's all we have, and it's all been done in the interest of TV ratings and viewership and internet clicks.

It's too bad really.

Wehatebadgers

Reaction score
Honest question, do you really think that's what has happened? Essentially, Sleepy Joe and the Dems have f'd things up so bad, beyond belief, that a good portion of the moderate and reasonable Dems (and even some of the enraged ones at times), have retreated because in all honesty, what can you really say?

A reasonable Dem has pretty much nothing to say to defend this complete shitshow, and probably rightfully so. If you think it wasn't similar the other way around with the Trump hatred for a handful of years, that's some pretty strong revisionist history.

Whether you're left or right, it's not good for basically anybody for Grandpa Joe to have f'd things up so bad. It's not a good situation, all the way around.

The board has become more divided at roughly the same time the media decided to divide the country in the interest of ratings and entertainment; roughly 2010-2015 or so. Barry played the victim card like nobody we've ever seen, played it to a "T". I never recall in my life really any type of "us vs them" mentality for almost the first 40 years of my life. Now that's all we have, and it's all been done in the interest of TV ratings and viewership and internet clicks.

It's too bad really.
Spot on!!

Wally

Reaction score
I never recall in my life really any type of "us vs them" mentality for almost the first 40 years of my life.
You either weren't paying attention or you have rose colored glasses on. You don't remember the right going apeshit over Hillary when Bill was president? The rights witch hunt of Bill Clintons affairs? The left going apeshit over GW Bush? The right going apeshit over Obama?
🙄

Now there is just alot more fuel to that narrative and outlets for people to express it.

jamiche

Reaction score
Honest question, since I assume you've posted here much longer than I:

- has this board every been actually reasonable?

I don't think I've ever had an actual, honest discussion with a reasonable person who generally is for less government/regulation. And certainly, such people exist in the real world.

It's all psycho Alex Jones level assholes, who act like bots, fetching whatever meme or Tweet tickles them.
The board has never been reasonable, but the participation split used to be around 50/50. Now it's probably 85/15 donalds. Also, deuce was the only one posting 40-50 times/day. Now it seems like there are half a dozen of them. I think even deuce is a little bored by the board. Nothing ever got resolved and nobody was ever converted, or admitted to it, but it was an interesting place. Now it's mostly boring and some interesting posters on both sides seem to have stepped out. I'm not sophisticated, interested or knowledgeable enough to know who is or isn't a sock puppet.

We want maximum clicks on GH because the owners are great folks, we all like the site and it's great that it remains free. The "price" is that the OT board is increasingly smothered by posters who determined to make up for their lack of quality by sheer quantity.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The board has never been reasonable, but the participation split used to be around 50/50. Now it's probably 85/15 donalds. Also, deuce was the only one posting 40-50 times/day. Now it seems like there are half a dozen of them. I think even deuce is a little bored by the board. Nothing ever got resolved and nobody was ever converted, or admitted to it, but it was an interesting place. Now it's mostly boring and some interesting posters on both sides seem to have stepped out. I'm not sophisticated, interested or knowledgeable enough to know who is or isn't a sock puppet.

We want maximum clicks on GH because the owners are great folks, we all like the site and it's great that it remains free. The "price" is that the OT board is increasingly smothered by posters who determined to make up for their lack of quality by sheer quantity.
Indeed.

I'm quite certain that people who run (major) sports team message boards consort with each other, on what the best practices are, what they see going on, etc.

And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, if they all acknowledge to each other that throwing up a politics board on a sports message board, and enduring the onslaught of the disgusting internet people who are drawn to it, is simply the cost of doing business. Like putting on a light in the dark attracts bugs.

Wally

Reaction score

kg is a first ballot hall of famer...
🤣

Top Bottom