Pregame Thoughts: at Northwestern 3/2/11

Reaction score

"A season that started with much promise has turned into one ending dangerously close to the depths of despair for both the Minnesota Golden Gophers (17-11, 6-10) and the Northwestern Wildcats (16-12, 6-11). On Wednesday, March 2, Senior Night will be celebrated at Welsh-Ryan Arena, as the winningest class in Northwestern history plays their final regular season game..... "

"A season that started with much promise has turned into one ending dangerously close to the depths of despair for both the Minnesota Golden Gophers (17-11, 6-10) and the Northwestern Wildcats (16-12, 6-11). On Wednesday, March 2, Senior Night will be celebrated at Welsh-Ryan Arena, as the winningest class in Northwestern history plays their final regular season game..... "

Hope U R correct (Gophers by 6) but I think 1 or 2 (either way).

I love Tubby but I wish someone could explain this substitution strategy to me!

"With 10:29 to play in the first half, the score was 22-20 in favor of the visitors.

At this point, the home team decides that in addition to Ralph Sampson and freshman Austin Hollins, now would be a great time to put in Ahanmisi, Armelin and Dawson. Four freshman, including a second year walk-on are now in the game - and it took great concentration on my part to not spit up all over Section 103, right then and there. It would be nearly five full minutes before Ahanmisi and Dawson went back to to the bench with 5:38 remaining on the clock Now the Michigan lead was 35-23 after a 13-3 run that my esophagus had predicted was coming. I don't get it. I sincerely do not get it."

:confused:

I love Tubby but I wish someone could explain this substitution strategy to me!

"With 10:29 to play in the first half, the score was 22-20 in favor of the visitors.

At this point, the home team decides that in addition to Ralph Sampson and freshman Austin Hollins, now would be a great time to put in Ahanmisi, Armelin and Dawson. Four freshman, including a second year walk-on are now in the game - and it took great concentration on my part to not spit up all over Section 103, right then and there. It would be nearly five full minutes before Ahanmisi and Dawson went back to to the bench with 5:38 remaining on the clock Now the Michigan lead was 35-23 after a 13-3 run that my esophagus had predicted was coming. I don't get it. I sincerely do not get it."

:confused:

I'll try (but I don't necessarily agree with the Coach's Decision on this).

Perhaps he wanted to rest his 4 veterans for a few minutes while the game was close?

Two coaches on the hot seat?

rumblings at Northwestern according to the Sun Times. Tubby?, he loses to the Cats and a followup loss to Penn State at home IMO he is on the "hot seat"

Friends of Tuby

The comment was made by I believe Chris Duluca one of the wags that writes for the Sun Times. He was on one of the Chicago sports wrap on Sirus radio in regards to Comody. I'll stand corrected, bur I don't think he has ever had the Cats in the dance. Some good upset wins though.
I like him as a coach I just don't think he is much of a recruiter. Unlike Tubby, he has made some changes in his coaching philosophy. When he came in it was pretty a straight Princeton office running alot of backdoor. He still runs some of that but has also added elements of the motion offense. Much like Tubby, he is certainly a class act and has been good for the conference

Top Bottom