Who will the best freshman be?
Will RWjr. start?

Over who?

PG Devoe
SG Hoffarber
SF Rodney
PF Ralph
C Colton

I suppose you would say over Nolen then, unless you were expecting someone else to start. Not saying he's going to start over Hoffarber if that's what you were thinking.

I suppose you would say over Nolen then, unless you were expecting someone else to start. Not saying he's going to start over Hoffarber if that's what you were thinking.
I wasn't thinking any one player; just wondering which one of the core group coming back you'd think he'd be starting over (as we didn't start the Twin Towers last year, Nolen coming back, etc.).

I wasn't thinking any one player; just wondering which one of the core group coming back you'd think he'd be starting over (as we didn't start the Twin Towers last year, Nolen coming back, etc.).

I see, well given the success the team had last season with both Ralph and Colton in at the same time and the fact that we have Walker to give them rests when needed now, I would have to think that Tubby would start them both and play them together as often as possible.

Royce
Royce
against certain teams, yes

...really, I was the first one?

Rodney

1. Star will be Devoe. Darkhorse Iverson or Sampson.
2. Walker will play more because of a lack of big men.
3. I don't think he will start if Nolen returns.

pg Nolen
sg Devoe
sf Hoffarber
pf Sampson
c Iverson

6th man Rodney

**I think you need at least 2 shooters on the court. I think Rodney will get 25 min a game though. I also see some really small ball at times with Rodney having to play some 4. I don't think we will have the players for Tubby to continue the platooning of a second 5 anymore.

1. Williams
2. Hollins
3. Yes (if not right away, by start of Big Ten season)

1. Williams
2. Hollins
3. Yes (if not right away, by start of Big Ten season)

Your list would be my favorite. If Rodney is our star then that means he's added a lot to his game and that we have a chance to be a very,very good team. We know what we have coming back in Joseph, Sampson and Iverson- if Rodney outperforms them I'll be ecstatic and we will be led by a good attitude kid with amazing athleticism.

My list (considering I'm hoping yours is right instead):
1. Joseph
2. Maverick
3. Yes

1. Devoe and Sampson will be co-stars. I think Sampson especially will surprise folks.

2. Oto as well. Out of necessity if nothing else.

3. No. I think Al will start over him.

I predict that Minnesota will be a member of the Big 10 conference next year. Just a feeling.

I predict that Minnesota will be a member of the Big 10 conference next year. Just a feeling.
But next year the Big-10 may be the Big-12 & this year's Big-12 may become the Big-10. So, Nebraska is moving to the Big-10 to stay in the Big-12. Get it?

PG Devoe
SG Hoffarber
SF Rodney
PF Ralph
C Colton

Here is mine:
Corey Joseph
Devoe Joseph
Royce White
Trevor Mbakwe
Colton Iverson
Oh wait...nevermind.
How about this:
Al Nolen
Devoe Joseph
Rodney Williams
Raplh Sampson III
Colton Iverson

Here is mine:
Corey Joseph
Devoe Joseph
Royce White
Trevor Mbakwe
Colton Iverson
Oh wait...nevermind.
How about this:
Al Nolen
Devoe Joseph
Rodney Williams
Raplh Sampson III
Colton Iverson

wouldve been a chamionship worhty lineup. Think about the bench too... Hoff, RW, nolen, sampson, walker? my god... :( hurts me to think about.

wouldve been a chamionship worhty lineup. Think about the bench too... Hoff, RW, nolen, sampson, walker? my god... :( hurts me to think about.

I agree, but I think the Gophers will still fight for an NCAA berth this season. I expect Devoe to really blossom into a bona-fide all-conference type player. Ralph and Rodney still have loads of untapped potential in my opinion too. The bench is no doubt going to be inexperienced though.
The X-Factor: Consistency from Williams. He wasn't a hot, top 100 prospect out of HS for no reason. Man, if the Gophs can get 20-25 minutes, 8 ppg, 4 rpg and 1 bpg from him, I don't think I'll be the only one happy.

Top Bottom