Prediction: Tubby Retires Next Year

akgopher

Reaction score
It was a great hire on paper and there have been signs of potential, but this thing has sputtered out. I see another frustrating year. The following are my cues that it is over:

-No sign of a practice facility and he doesn't have the same love for The Barn as we do
-Likely 5 years without a tournament win
-No contract extension
-Likely 2 years in a row without a tournament berth and appearances in only 2 of 5 years
-The first two classes should be juniors and seniors. Of the 9 players signed during that time, only 2 remain
-The local media is turning on him and it is going to get worse. First, Reusse likely has already carved his name in stone and written the column for "The Turkey of the Year", and that will only be the beginning. His power coach persona has brought some of this on
-Another frustrating year could lead to suggesting some coaching staff changes and maybe Saul is identified as a good start
-What player is going to quit next, and how many will quit?

Tubby has enough money and no ties to Minneapolis. Why would he continue to put himself through this? It could really hurt the program when the stigma gets attached, if Tubby can't win there, how can anyone else get it done in Minnesota?

Maybe he enjoys all of the insults he gets from so-called fans on the GopherHole, and he laughs himself to sleep every night.

Maybe he enjoys all of the insults he gets from so-called fans on the GopherHole, and he laughs himself to sleep every night.

First off, isn't getting players to the nba part of what a great coach is supposed to do? Tubby could have just parked RS3 in the post all year and not let him play the high post, or shoot jump shots. But the fact is RS3 has some size, nba pedigree(his dad) and some skills that can be developed further. He would probably have played less minutes next year at MN with TM and MO getting a lot of minutes as well, so this is the best decision for him in his development because Tubby is going to be concerned mostly with winning first. Sometimes players have to sacrifice their showcasing in spite of that. Frankly, it's the best thing for him and the program and it's a bonus for your program if he gets drafted. Then you'll have TM getting drafted next year and MO the year after that. Big Man U

It was a great hire on paper and there have been signs of potential, but this thing has sputtered out. I see another frustrating year. The following are my cues that it is over:

-No sign of a practice facility and he doesn't have the same love for The Barn as we do
-Likely 5 years without a tournament win
-No contract extension
-Likely 2 years in a row without a tournament berth and appearances in only 2 of 5 years
-The first two classes should be juniors and seniors. Of the 9 players signed during that time, only 2 remain
-The local media is turning on him and it is going to get worse. First, Reusse likely has already carved his name in stone and written the column for "The Turkey of the Year", and that will only be the beginning. His power coach persona has brought some of this on
-Another frustrating year could lead to suggesting some coaching staff changes and maybe Saul is identified as a good start
-What player is going to quit next, and how many will quit?

Tubby has enough money and no ties to Minneapolis. Why would he continue to put himself through this? It could really hurt the program when the stigma gets attached, if Tubby can't win there, how can anyone else get it done in Minnesota?

-I would say there are signs of a practice facility...though maybe not imminently.
-Nice Projection in May :pig:
-Aren't they in talks :cool:
-Again Nice Projection :pig:
-What is your point? :pig:
- Saying Reusse is going to drive Tubby to retirement would be like saying Keith Olberman was going to drive George W into retirement. Lay off the sauce bro. ;)
- If outsiders suggest coaching changes, instead of ignoring them and not making changes...he will just quit :p nice
- again, nice projection :pig:

-I would say there are signs of a practice facility...though maybe not imminently.
-Nice Projection in May :pig:
-Aren't they in talks :cool:
-Again Nice Projection :pig:
-What is your point? :pig:
- Saying Reusse is going to drive Tubby to retirement would be like saying Keith Olberman was going to drive George W into retirement. Lay off the sauce bro. ;)
- If outsiders suggest coaching changes, instead of ignoring them and not making changes...he will just quit :p nice
- again, nice projection :pig:

While I don't necessarily agree with everything you said here, I do agree with a lot of it. I think the original post made some okay arguments, but then lost me with the implication that the program is on it's way to utter ruin. Sometimes, folks just need to take a step back and give it a rest on the hyperbole....

Top Bottom