Pre-game food

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Always have done Big Ten for a sub prior to games at TCF. Out of luck now.

Looking for a place serving food between 8 and 9 that also serves beer and bloodies. Prefer close to TCF but would listen to suggestions downtown or Nordeast.

Recommendations?

Do you come from the south? Hi-Lo diner is awesome.

Otherwise I don't know of places in NE or DT that are open at 8AM besides fufu'y brunch places.

Elsie's at 8th & Marshall (East River Road). Ate breakfast there many times. Groups from 4 to 12. Got us in, got us fed and out of there well in time for the game. Three miles from TCF. 10-20 minutes drive depending on what time you leave for the game.

http://www.elsies.com/breakfast-menu/

Thanks both look great. We will be downtown with no car (actually no driver but same thing). Leaning Hell's Kitchen.

What does Sally's or Stub and Herb's serve for breakfast on gameday? neither seems to say.

Hell's Kitchen is pretty good. haven't been there for 5 years maybe but use to go often.

There is also a Key's Cafe downtown with good food.
Edit: they probably don't serve beer or bloodies though.

We hit the Freehouse on Washington before Indiana State, and it was great. Excellent bloody's plus specialty cocktails, good beer list, great breakfast options.

I will 2nd the Freehouse. Forgot how early they open. Their food is very good, good beer selection.

Hen House in DT Mpls. Opens at 7 AM. IN the old Peter's Grill location. Great food and they did a great job on the place. Full bar. Hell's Kitchen is another good place in DT Mpls.

Also highly recommend Manning's on Como Ave...awesome neighborhood place...opens at 7 AM.

Thanks both look great. We will be downtown with no car (actually no driver but same thing). Leaning Hell's Kitchen.

What does Sally's or Stub and Herb's serve for breakfast on gameday? neither seems to say.

I believe their normal menu

Top Bottom