Pre-Game band show back to an hour before kickoff

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
As I looked at the Game Day Guide that came with our season tickets, I noticed that the band pregame has moved back to an hour before kickoff.

A good move IMHO.

2 hours was just too early. I'm glad to see it is back to one hour before kick off. I either take my family, one of my kids with their friends, or all adults (couples or all dudes). If kids are involved, the band concert is always in the mix but I dropped it last year due to standing around for two full hours in between. When I go with adults we tend to skip the concert in favor of the bars or tailgating. I think the change back to one hour is a good one. Anyone know if the concert location is changing?

Someone was posting their emails to Maturi about many gameday issues they had, and this was one of them. I think it was BayfieldGopher. Great call buddy! This means we'll be able to catch more than one of these a year now. =D

One draw back is that there probably won't be a "Victory Walk" for the players but I would much prefer it this way instead.

One draw back is that there probably won't be a "Victory Walk" for the players but I would much prefer it this way instead.

The Victory Walk is still on!!!

Here is the schedule according to the Game Day Guide:

Tailgate lots open: 7:00 or 6 hours prior to kick-off (whichever is later)
McNamara Alumni Center Pregame Party: 3 hours prior to kick-off
Gopher Victory Walk, TCF Bank Ticket office opens, and gates open: 2 hours prior to kick-off
Radio Pregame on Plaza and Band Pregame show: 1 hour prior to kick-off
Band show on the field: 20 minutes prior to kick-off
Gophers Entrance: 5 minutes prior to kick-off
The other guys entrance: 4.5 minutes prior to kick-off
National Anthem: 4 minutes prior to kick-off

Wow, just wow....this is a GREAT change. I love the band but playing 2 hours before left too much time with little to do (especially if you don't drink!).
Thanks someone for listening!

Top Bottom