Pre-dawn raid of Project Veritas

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
The story told was that the Ashley left her diary in a room. Hunter left his laptop at the repair shop. They should be less careless.

Which room? Who was the "story" told by? Has the "story" been verified as fact?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I'm not a legal scholar, but the theft and publishing of information with attempt to embarass a political candidate should have some other charge than petty theft.

Again, none of this is factual, but rather your projection. Can we agree on that?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Embarrassing a political candidate is not illegal. The question would come down to whether or not it was stolen and if it was used to extort someone. It being used to embarrass someone legally shouldn't have any impact on the legality.

If O'Keefe stole (or paid someone) to steal the diary, he should be prosecuted for all of the charges naturally flowing from it. Theft, conspiracy to commit theft, possession of stolen goods, etc.

However, if someone stole the diary and then went to O'Keefe and offered it to him for money. That's pretty tough. O'Keefe has a duty to look into it a bit and if you believe his story, it sounded like he did the right thing. He didn't publish the diary. He handed it over to the FBI. I mean, if this is all true, raiding his home is egregious.

When did theft of a diary become a federal crime that the FBI investigates?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Stop it with this Steele Dossier nonsense. Nothing you said about it is true. Be smarter.

We've seen the FBI's internal memos stating they believed the Steele dossier was at a minimum partial Russian disinformation. We've also seen the emails, & memos proving the FBI knew the Steele dossier sources were Russian intel operatives.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Embarrassing a political candidate is not illegal. The question would come down to whether or not it was stolen and if it was used to extort someone. It being used to embarrass someone legally shouldn't have any impact on the legality.

If O'Keefe stole (or paid someone) to steal the diary, he should be prosecuted for all of the charges naturally flowing from it. Theft, conspiracy to commit theft, possession of stolen goods, etc.

However, if someone stole the diary and then went to O'Keefe and offered it to him for money. That's pretty tough. O'Keefe has a duty to look into it a bit and if you believe his story, it sounded like he did the right thing. He didn't publish the diary. He handed it over to the FBI. I mean, if this is all true, raiding his home is egregious.

Yes, thank you. I am not a lawyer and am certainly biased but was just shocking to me that something like this could happen in the United States. Unless there is further info yet to come out.

Imagine the howls if trump's doj did something like this to Vox. Would be calls for impeachment without a doubt.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ok, upon further review, it is EXACTLY like the Steele Dossier....

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Ok, upon further review, it is EXACTLY like the Steele Dossier....

That makes no sense. You're tilting at windmills. While the veneer of you being moderate, or fair minded has long since worn off, you're not usually one for chasing a losing cause. You haven't been right about a thing in this thread, and continue to double down. You should walk away with your integrity, while you can.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out where your bizarre claim that PV offered it to the FBI only if they authenticated it first, came from?

Is the following statement from James O'Keefe what you misconstrued?:

"We investigated the claims provided to us, as journalists do. We took steps to corroborate the authenticity of the diary. At the end of the day, we made the ethical decision that because, in part, we could not determine if the diary was real, if the diary in fact belonged to Ashley Biden, or if the contents of the diary occurred, we could not publish the diary and any part thereof. We attempted to return the diary to an attorney representing Ms. Biden, but that attorney refused to authenticate it. Project Veritas gave the diary to law enforcement to ensure it could be returned to its rightful owner. We never published it."

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
That makes no sense. You're tilting at windmills. While the veneer of you being moderate, or fair minded has long since worn off, you're not usually one for chasing a losing cause. You haven't been right about a thing in this thread, and continue to double down. You should walk away with your integrity, while you can.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out where your bizarre claim that PV offered it to the FBI only if they authenticated it first, came from?

"We investigated the claims provided to us, as journalists do. We took steps to corroborate the authenticity of the diary. At the end of the day, we made the ethical decision that because, in part, we could not determine if the diary was real, if the diary in fact belonged to Ashley Biden, or if the contents of the diary occurred, we could not publish the diary and any part thereof. We attempted to return the diary to an attorney representing Ms. Biden, but that attorney refused to authenticate it. Project Veritas gave the diary to law enforcement to ensure it could be returned to its rightful owner. We never published it."
Yes, the bolded was misunderstood. I'll admit that.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

If you can't find humor in the Gateway Pundit piece, you've lost it. The claim that the diary is a Democratic created bait piece to shut down Veritas is out there.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
If you can't find humor in the Gateway Pundit piece, you've lost it. The claim that the diary is a Democratic created bait piece to shut down Veritas is out there.

It's the same people who invented the Steele Dossier, the Kavanaugh rape gang scam, the Ukraine "whistleblower" con, etc. etc. It's really not a stretch at all to believe the Dems would do something like this to tie up Project Veritas.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It's the same people who invented the Steele Dossier, the Kavanaugh rape gang scam, the Ukraine "whistleblower" con, etc. etc. It's really not a stretch at all to believe the Dems would do something like this to tie up Project Veritas.
I won't rule it out, given that, but way to throw you daughter under the bus.

bga1

Reaction score
I won't rule it out, given that, but way to throw you daughter under the bus.
How many times did Joe let the family mule (Hunter) get caught under the bus? None of us know what happened here but we do know that both the Dems and the FBI have a very dirty recent history and yes they have been working together.

Wally

Reaction score
How many times did Joe let the family mule (Hunter) get caught under the bus? None of us know what happened here but we do know that both the Dems and the FBI have a very dirty recent history and yes they have been working together.

Can you describe in detail how this "working together" works?

I want to hear the tales you're spinning in your head of these back room deals.

Tell Us More!!!!

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I hate religious people who seek to impose their religious beliefs thru government. I grew up thinking that wasn't what America was about.
You want to impose all of your beliefs on other people through the government and you want people more successful than you to pay for it.

It's all you want.

howeda7

Reaction score
Go ahead and finish that thought. Also, provide a link to support your claim.
Jeb originated the Dossier. Not surprising coming from the brother of the guy who did 9/11. And of course it was handed off to John McCain at the end. Pure evil, all of them. :cool:

Wally

Reaction score
You want to impose all of your beliefs on other people through the government and you want people more successful than you to pay for it.

It's all you want.
More lies and bullshit. As I have said over and over, I will be paying and I am fine with that.

I want maximum freedom but To whom much is given much is required.

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
Why is the FBI doing a raid to find a stolen diary? Is stealing a diary a federal crime?
I was just going to post this. i really don't know anything about this story other than what i have read here, but if a federal agency raids the home of a journalist, they better have a damn good affidavit.

Top Bottom