Pre-dawn raid of Project Veritas

golf

Reaction score
- Last October, James Okeefe of Project Veritas purchased a diary that was allegedly written by biden's daughter.
-. Project Veritas couldn't verify its efficacy so turned the diary over to authorities.
- A few pages of the diary were leaked to the press. Source of the leak was a security person who was hired by project veritas.
- MSM and right wing media paid little attention to the report.
-. Now, a year or later, the fbi predawn raids o'keefe's apartment. While half dressed, he is put against the wall and cuffed.
-. House is searched for two hours.
-. His phones are confiscated. They contain donor names and source names.

Perhaps there is info of which I am unaware, but shocking to believe the doj/fbi have been weaponized in this manner. How far away are we from becoming China? Thankfully last week's election gave indication that american people may not be on board with all this.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
- Last October, James Okeefe of Project Veritas purchased a diary that was allegedly written by biden's daughter.
-. Project Veritas couldn't verify its efficacy so turned the diary over to authorities.
- A few pages of the diary were leaked to the press. Source of the leak was a security person who was hired by project veritas.
-. Now, a year or later, the fbi predawn raids o'keefe's apartment. While half dressed, he is put against the wall and cuffed.

Perhaps there is info of which I am unaware, but shocking to believe the doj/fbi have been weaponized in this manner. How far away are we from becoming China? Thankfully last week's election gave indication that american people may not be on board with all this.
Or, perhaps attempts to burglarize and extort public officials should be investigated.

golf

Reaction score
Or, perhaps attempts to burglarize and extort public officials should be investigated.

Agree. Burglary and extortion should be investigated. Maybe I am missing something. This diary was turned over to police a year ago. What is the justification for such a raid on okeefe's residence??

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Agree. Burglary and extortion should be investigated. Maybe I am missing something. This diary was turned over to police a year ago. What is the justification for such a raid on okeefe's residence??
As I understand, the diary was offered to the authorities, but with the stipulation it be verified as her property. Lacking the latter, the property remained in the hands of Veritas.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Also, remember, by this time it had been published, at least in part. There is reason to believe it has been copied. Simply turning over the book itself is no longer much of a gesture.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
People screaming about "the media" and the Steele dossier should have a care on this one.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
People screaming about "the media" and the Steele dossier should have a care on this one.
I mean, the Steele dossier is fake. The contents within the dossier are fake. If you're trying to draw a comparison, it would be like if Trump paid for a group to write a fake diary and then Trump used that fake diary to investigate everything about Biden for years.

You're trying to shoehorn a comparison into this argument, but it's not a fit. I'll tell you one thing, if the Steele Dossier were true, if Trump's argument was "this is an authentic report but you shouldn't have it" - - he'd be in prison today.

You called this burglary so that means it's her authentic diary, right? There would be NO burglary if someone just wrote a fake diary and pawned it off to Project Veritas (which is what I assumed this was). However, the raid makes that diary seem a little more authentic.

But then that means that ole Joe, well, . . . .

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I mean, the Steele dossier is fake. The contents within the dossier are fake. If you're trying to draw a comparison, it would be like if Trump paid for a group to write a fake diary and then Trump used that fake diary to investigate everything about Biden for years.

You're trying to shoehorn a comparison into this argument, but it's not a fit. I'll tell you one thing, if the Steele Dossier were true, if Trump's argument was "this is an authentic report but you shouldn't have it" - - he'd be in prison today.

You called this burglary so that means it's her authentic diary, right? There would be NO burglary if someone just wrote a fake diary and pawned it off to Project Veritas (which is what I assumed this was). However, the raid makes that diary seem a little more authentic.

But then that means that ole Joe, well, . . . .
Making it authentic, means that someone stole the property of member of a candidate's family in an attempt to find information to embarass that candidate. That is extortion and theft, regardless of what material comes out of it.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Making it authentic, means that someone stole the property of member of a candidate's family in an attempt to find information to embarass that candidate. That is extortion and theft, regardless of what material comes out of it.
Of course, I agree. The raid means that the diary is VERY likely to be authentic. Remember this when the contents get out there and liberals are comparing everyone to Q. You have said that you believe it's authentic.

As to stealing and extorting from people, yep, I am against it. If whoever gave O'Keefe the diary stole it and O'Keefe knew, he should be prosecuted. The pre-dawn raid was clearly a publicity stunt to go after rivals, but that kind of personal/political use of government agencies is totally cool when done by Dems.

But we don't live in a "fruits of the poisonous tree" world. If the contents of the diary are horrific, we don't just plug our ears and pretend it didn't exist.. You don't completely ignore what you've learned.

I would have said the same thing about the Steele Dossier. If the contents of the Steele Dossier were true, Trump should have been in prison. The problem with the Steele Dossier was that it was known to be a work in fiction from the beginning and the media, FBI, and DNC pretended to act like it was real in order to go after Trump.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The person who stole the diary had no idea what it contained, they stole it becuase it might have something juicy. It's politics by dirty tricks, so the analogy does somewhat hold.
Joe's kids sure do leave a lot of stuff just lying around.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The person who stole the diary had no idea what it contained, they stole it becuase it might have something juicy. It's politics by dirty tricks, so the analogy does somewhat hold.
Of course that's the why the person stole it (if they did). I never implied the thief, to the extent one existed, had altruistic reasons behind it.

The analogy doesn't hold at all.
Steele Dossier - INAUTHENTIC info that we pretended was real in order to go after someone. It wasn't gathered illegally, it was USED illegally.

Biden Diary - AUTHENTIC info we will pretend isn't real (make no mistake, this is coming) but the problem is that it was discovered through allegedly illegal means.

As to Biden's kids leaving stuff around, that's a strange thing to say. I don't know where my HS yearbooks are right now. I used to keep food diaries when I would train for triathlons, I have no idea where those are.

I'm not saying her diary wasn't stolen. Until the raid, I assumed it was fake. But I think the fact that someone has it isn't dispositive of theft.

bga1

Reaction score
You are saying that someone used a Clinton trick? Do they still maintain the patent?

Joe's kids are very screwed up. It appears that using public office for illegal and constant family gain is haunting the family a bit. Putting your son out there as the family mule does have its damaging effects I guess.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
The Shill hard at work protecting Joe and his merry band of losers.

bga1

Reaction score
As I understand, the diary was offered to the authorities, but with the stipulation it be verified as her property. Lacking the latter, the property remained in the hands of Veritas.
Well...if it was fake then they didn't steal it. So which is it?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Of course that's the why the person stole it (if they did). I never implied the thief, to the extent one existed, had altruistic reasons behind it.

The analogy doesn't hold at all.
Steele Dossier - INAUTHENTIC info that we pretended was real in order to go after someone. It wasn't gathered illegally, it was USED illegally.

Biden Diary - AUTHENTIC info we will pretend isn't real (make no mistake, this is coming) but the problem is that it was discovered through allegedly illegal means.

As to Biden's kids leaving stuff around, that's a strange thing to say. I don't know where my HS yearbooks are right now. I used to keep food diaries when I would train for triathlons, I have no idea where those are.

I'm not saying her diary wasn't stolen. Until the raid, I assumed it was fake. But I think the fact that someone has it isn't dispositive of theft.
The story told was that the Ashley left her diary in a room. Hunter left his laptop at the repair shop. They should be less careless.

bga1

Reaction score
The story told was that the Ashley left her diary in a room. Hunter left his laptop at the repair shop. They should be less careless.
Well, with Hunter, perhaps putting the crack pipe down would help....

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Sure, like I said, it's entirely possible that the diary was stolen. Probably even likely (hard to say).

But it's nothing like the Steele Dossier. Most people I know pissed about the Steele Dossier were pissed because the media/FBI were pretending the information inside was authentic when everyone knew it was not authentic. Everyone knew it was the basis for the government to spy on a political rival while knowing it was BS.

This is an entirely different situation. The information within the diary, as we both agree, is authentic. Whoever stole the diary (if it was stolen) should be prosecuted for theft (assuming it took place in a jurisdiction that still prosecutes petty theft). However, the contents of the diary sure seem to be authentic now.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
They didn't release it AND offered it to the FBI.
It was already released, in part. That could not be undone. They sought verification in exchange for return, to support the released version. This wasn't an act of altruism.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Sure, like I said, it's entirely possible that the diary was stolen. Probably even likely (hard to say).

But it's nothing like the Steele Dossier. Most people I know pissed about the Steele Dossier were pissed because the media/FBI were pretending the information inside was authentic when everyone knew it was not authentic. Everyone knew it was the basis for the government to spy on a political rival while knowing it was BS.

This is an entirely different situation. The information within the diary, as we both agree, is authentic. Whoever stole the diary (if it was stolen) should be prosecuted for theft (assuming it took place in a jurisdiction that still prosecutes petty theft). However, the contents of the diary sure seem to be authentic now.
I'm not a legal scholar, but the theft and publishing of information with attempt to embarass a political candidate should have some other charge than petty theft.

Wally

Reaction score
I mean, the Steele dossier is fake.

Because you have proof of this of course...
🙄🙄🙄

Steel dossier was originally produced for a REPUBLICAN running against Trump in the primary.

Wally

Reaction score

Good...
Purchasing stolen merchandise is a crime.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I'm not a legal scholar, but the theft and publishing of information with attempt to embarass a political candidate should have some other charge than petty theft.
Embarrassing a political candidate is not illegal. The question would come down to whether or not it was stolen and if it was used to extort someone. It being used to embarrass someone legally shouldn't have any impact on the legality.

If O'Keefe stole (or paid someone) to steal the diary, he should be prosecuted for all of the charges naturally flowing from it. Theft, conspiracy to commit theft, possession of stolen goods, etc.

However, if someone stole the diary and then went to O'Keefe and offered it to him for money. That's pretty tough. O'Keefe has a duty to look into it a bit and if you believe his story, it sounded like he did the right thing. He didn't publish the diary. He handed it over to the FBI. I mean, if this is all true, raiding his home is egregious.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Because you have proof of this of course...
🙄🙄🙄

Steel dossier was originally produced for a REPUBLICAN running against Trump in the primary.
I know. Politicians, of all types, are scumbags.

If you don't believe the Steele Dossier is fake by now, you're lost. You might be the only Democrat still dying on this hill.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Embarrassing a political candidate is not illegal. The question would come down to whether or not it was stolen and if it was used to extort someone. It being used to embarrass someone legally shouldn't have any impact on the legality.

If O'Keefe stole (or paid someone) to steal the diary, he should be prosecuted for all of the charges naturally flowing from it. Theft, conspiracy to commit theft, possession of stolen goods, etc.

However, if someone stole the diary and then went to O'Keefe and offered it to him for money. That's pretty tough. O'Keefe has a duty to look into it a bit and if you believe his story, it sounded like he did the right thing. He didn't publish the diary. He handed it over to the FBI. I mean, if this is all true, raiding his home is egregious.
I'm not trying to be a turd here, but think it makes quite a difference--did he OFFER to turn it over, or did he turn it over? If the FBI has the diary, what is on the warrant?

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
Just another pre-dawn raid against a RW individual/organization. Roger Stone was the recipient of a pre-dawn raid and CNN was there live to report it because the reporter had a “hunch.” If you truly think that the ef be aye is a nonpartisan group at this point, I truly think that you are cognitively inept.

Top Bottom