PPress; University of Minnesota hoping to sign 6-9 lineman Pirsig this time next year

I was trained as a journalist (but never pursued it as a career) and it maddens me when a writer makes a simple factual error like saying we were 2-10 instead of 3-9 this past season.

It was actually an ok article until that part. Seriously, how can you get that wrong? Just being lazy.

I was trained as a journalist (but never pursued it as a career) and it maddens me when a writer makes a simple factual error like saying we were 2-10 instead of 3-9 this past season.

I guess the Iowa game didn't count.

He doesn't seem too excited about the idea of staying home. My gut says this is going to be an up hill battle. Getting to a bowl would be huge.

It will be interesting to see how this goes..most kids from that school go to Minnesota as Shannon Schonrock did in women's bball or Iowa as both of Blue Earth Area's principal's boys did with wrestling. Hopefully Pirsig chooses to stay home as the gophers have a fairly loyal following in that part of the state I believe.

Did anyone else, at first glance, read this as wanting to sign 6 to 9 lineman next year :)

According to the Ohio State rivals board poster on the Rivals Main Board, they have just offered Pirsig as well.

Yeah, I didn't get the feeling from his quotes that he's wanting to be a Gopher. Not that it means much as probably just trying to avoid sounding he's gonna sign here when he really is just making up his mind.. but still.

I did like the part that his hometown / school is attempting to steer him into Maroon and Gold.

I had to laugh at the Iowa related portion of this - apparently they can't even recruit someone without getting them seriously ill now.

----

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_17263978

After spending the weekend at the University of Iowa for Junior Day, Pirsig complained of abdominal pains shortly after returning. Thinking it was the junk food he and Lee feasted on at Iowa, he tried to tough it out.

After the pain persisted, Pirsig went to the emergency room, where he was diagnosed with appendicitis. Dr. William Lee, Sam's father, performed the appendectomy.

Absolutely

Did anyone else, at first glance, read this as wanting to sign 6 to 9 lineman next year :)

Absolutely. And I was thinking that's too many again next year...lol

They corrected both that and the 2-10 now.

Top Bottom