Pound the Rock

MN Gopher Fan

Executive Sports Analyst
Reaction score
When I come back from class I like pecking in on the guys practicing and see what's going on through the fence. The have two huge signs on the East side saying "The Time is Now" and "Pound the Rock"...I noticed today that the "Pound the Rock" sign is gone...which really confused me since either someone is amazing at stealing signs or they took it down on purpose...idk

When I come back from class I like pecking in on the guys practicing and see what's going on through the fence. The have two huge signs on the East side saying "The Time is Now" and "Pound the Rock"...I noticed today that the "Pound the Rock" sign is gone...which really confused me since either someone is amazing at stealing signs or they took it down on purpose...idk

Maybe it just got a bit too embarrassing to leave up. Or it was hurting morale (which actually sort of makes sense...if I was a tailback or O-lineman having this season, and every day at practice I was reminded that one of our top priorities was running the football, I probably wouldn't feel too good about the job I was doing.)

If we can't pound the rock, I'm happy with whatever moves the ball.

Just keep the damn thing off the turf, that first and foremost what I ask. After that, we can think about pounding it.

Any idea who's gonna get the bulk of the carries tomorrow?

Just keep the damn thing off the turf, that first and foremost what I ask. After that, we can think about pounding it.

Any idea who's gonna get the bulk of the carries tomorrow?

My guess is Bennet if he can't hang on to the ball Eskridge will go. Whaley will get a few carries.

I just hope they can sustain drives so we can get some of these other guys in for a few plays.

Top Bottom