Potential Walk On Recruit

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
For all of you recruiting experts, I came across this article this morning. http://www.republican-eagle.com/event/article/id/78042/ Cedric Dicke, from Cannon Falls, has been offered a preferred walk-on status from the U of M and NDSU along with interest from Army. I did some research and here are his stats from the star tribune, but not sure how accurate they are. http://www.mnfootballhub.com/roster_players/548203?subseason=48608

Hopefully this is another kid that decides to stay home. I think a good walk-on program will really elevate our program to the next level. It would be nice to have a kid like this or the Bemidji kid around the program and who knows, they just might end up being something special. There is no exact science on how a 17 or 18 year old transitions to the college game. They could be total busts, but could end up being good players for us.

I'd like to point out that the article says "His first choice is Army" and the Army coaches saying that he could get in if he wants to play football. I'd also like to point out the one exception to the 25 scholarship rule is the Service Acadamies.

Reads like a kid with the characteristics Kill likes. Great size coming in. I hope he wants to be a Gopher. MLB or DE or TE.

Just more anti-Northern Minnesota bias! That's a joke, son!

Seriously, hooray for my hometown! Don't ask me anything about him, because I've never seen him play, but I have read about him in the Cannon Falls Beacon that I receive in the mail every week. I seem to recall that his older brother was a pretty good basketball player.

He is a great kid who would be a phenomenal addition to the gophers. Works hard, hes smart and one of the nicest kids you could meet. Where ever he goes, i wish him nothing but the best.

Maybe things will work out and he gets a scholarship like Bjorklund did.

Would love to have this kid at the U. Seems to have a great work ethic. Seems like just the type of kid that would give a great boost to the walk-on program and potentially earn a scholarship.

Is this box jump an illusion?

If not that is some serious hops from a standing position, 50" does not seem real. If so the kid can really jump, how fast is he? He must be legitimate football quick if he can sky like that, but seems skinny. Coaches must think this kid is explosive and can turn into scholarship guy with the right program and strength training.

If not that is some serious hops from a standing position, 50" does not seem real. If so the kid can really jump, how fast is he? He must be legitimate football quick if he can sky like that, but seems skinny. Coaches must think this kid is explosive and can turn into scholarship guy with the right program and strength training.
He's not literally jumping 50", my guess is something more like 40" with his bent knees providing an extra 10". Still impressive.

Top Bottom