Potential transfer, KyKy Tandy

PeterMac05

Reaction score
Here is a potential transfer that could make an immediate impact for the gophs. From Xavier, coach Johnson coached him last year and potentially recruited him. 247 has him listed as a combo guard so not necessarily the true point, but I’m sure he could do a good job there. Let me know what you guys think.

KKT didn't start for a pretty average Xavier team...played under 15mpg. I've never seen him play before but I'm not super excited.

Undersized 2 who doesn’t play much defense. Not sure I’d want to tie up a scholarship on him.

Undersized 2 who doesn’t play much defense. Not sure I’d want to tie up a scholarship on him.

Maybe he could just use a fresh start. Looks like the talent is there, just kinda fell out of rythm last year. At the end of the day, he’s better than what we have right now, nobody

Maybe he could just use a fresh start. Looks like the talent is there, just kinda fell out of rythm last year. At the end of the day, he’s better than what we have right now, nobody

Talent is definitely there. But I am a bit biased because I hyped him up coming into this past year and he made me eat my words.

I thought based off what I saw from him as a Frosh he would make a jump this year but he fell out of the rotation.

I'd take a flyer though. Gophs need some guards. Kid definitely has some legit offensive game if he can get some run. His D is shaky though.

We have so many roster spots that I think he’s worth taking a flyer on.
Yeah, if Johnson likes him and thinks he'd be a good culture fit, then I guess I'd probably take him given how many openings we have at guard, though I'm hoping we can land someone better.

Tandy is a bit like Mashburn, undersized combo guard that can get buckets but also doesnt defend real well. He'd be a nice pickup imo. He can also do this.

I thought based off what I saw from him as a Frosh he would make a jump this year but he fell out of the rotation.

He played fewer minutes in his second season but he still played a little over 14 minutes a game (only 4 minutes per game less than his freshman year) and his efficiency numbers did take a jump this year.

PER: 9.4 as a freshman, 15.2 as a soph

Win Shares per 40 minutes: .071 as a freshman, .101 as a soph

True Shooting Percentage: .499 as a freshman, .520 as a soph

He scored in double figures in 5 out of his first 6 games so I'm not sure why his playing time decreased so much after that.

Not exactly a prolific passer: only 3.2 assists per 40 minutes. Mashburn was worse though at 2.8 per 40 minutes. Carr was 5.4 per 40 this season (7.1 last year when he had Oturu to pass to).

This guy would be worth taking if you can get him. I don't think we'll be the only P6 program interested in him.

Tandy is a bit like Mashburn, undersized combo guard that can get buckets but also doesnt defend real well. He'd be a nice pickup imo. He can also do this.
if he’s 6’1 he should be better off defensively than Mashburn. The only current players I really don’t want to lose are Gabe, Ihnen, Both, and ideally Johnson would stick another year. Mitchell intrigues me because he’s long and appears he can shoot some. Pitino never really gave him a chance. I’m tired of Carr, and Mashburn wants to dominate the ball and he’s not good enough to play the way he wants to. Robbins I figure is here or gone based on Uncle Conroy so not worried about him.

In the end, if Johnson recruits Tandy he believes in his game. I think it’s funny reading people write they would take someone or not, based on almost nothing. I’ll take anyone our new coach believes enough in to offer. He knows what he wants.

The only current players I really don’t want to lose are Gabe, Ihnen, Both, and ideally Johnson would stick another year.

Did you just forget to mention Robbins or are you really indifferent to losing him?

Did you just forget to mention Robbins or are you really indifferent to losing him?
I wrote that I figure it’s just up to if Uncle Conroy is on the staff or not, so not worrying about it.

I don’t know that we can be too picky taking players in the backcourt for this season. I would feel a little better about our situation if Tandy and El-Amin were on the roster.

Top Bottom