[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Indiana State 58-28.

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
593 yards total offense. 295 passing yards for Leidner. I'm on #LeidnerIsland, are you?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good showing by the offense, other than the penalties early on. I understand who the opponent was but it is rare that we dominate like that. We scored on 10 of 11 possessions.

Leidner looked good. Made some great throws.

According to Joe C ISU coach said Minnesota was equivalent to a good 1-AA team.

This was the most complete game we've played since Kill (and Claeys) got here. The first drive was UGGGGGLLLLYYYY, but still scored a td. The bad snaps have to stop. The stupid false starts have to stop. Passing game was beautiful, everyone besides Wozniak looked like they could catch and McCrary looked like a beast.

Leidner said #Gophers were extra motivated after hearing ISU coach Mike Sanford had said MN is no better than upper-level I-AA team.

Bulletin board material and what you say doesn't motivate people though. Just ask some of the experts on this board who were all world athletes. They know better than Bill Belichick and numerous college and professional athletes. Always get a kick out of people saying words don't matter when it comes to motivation.

Any update on Lingen? We're gonna need him for sure

Yes sir

Leidner said #Gophers were extra motivated after hearing ISU coach Mike Sanford had said MN is no better than upper-level I-AA team.

Bulletin board material and what you say doesn't motivate people though. Just ask some of the experts on this board who were all world athletes. They know better than Bill Belichick and numerous college and professional athletes. Always get a kick out of people saying words don't matter when it comes to motivation.

Exactly! Plus 100

This was the most complete game we've played since Kill (and Claeys) got here. The first drive was UGGGGGLLLLYYYY, but still scored a td. The bad snaps have to stop. The stupid false starts have to stop. Passing game was beautiful, everyone besides Wozniak looked like they could catch and McCrary looked like a beast.

I agree on all your points and it was a good game for sure but for me I'd take Iowa 2014 as the most complete game and domination in recent years. We could have potentially pitched a shutout that day but they called off the dogs. Leidner and Maxxxxx put on a display if I recall.

I agree on all your points and it was a good game for sure but for me I'd take Iowa 2014 as the most complete game and domination in recent years. We could have potentially pitched a shutout that day but they called off the dogs. Leidner and Maxxxxx put on a display if I recall.

I believe Iowa scored on their first possession that game. I know we were down 7-0 early on. But I agree with the rest of your post.

I believe Iowa scored on their first possession that game. I know we were down 7-0 early on. But I agree with the rest of your post.

You're right (again).

Thank you for ruining my jaded and faulty memories. /s

You're right (again).

Thank you for ruining my jaded and faulty memories. /s

I still have that game taped (fun to watch). I recall (often poorly) it was 7-7 into the 2nd quarter which we then scored 24 straight to lead 31-7. That game and the Nebraska game that year were also really well played games from the start for our squad.

Just got back to the hotel, what a fun game to watch. The points kept coming one after another. Solid performance across the board

This.

We would have lost without that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have that game taped (fun to watch). I recall (often poorly) it was 7-7 into the 2nd quarter which we then scored 24 straight to lead 31-7. That game and the Nebraska game that year were also really well played games from the start for our squad.

I think that Nebraska game was also the game where we had a field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown and people started foaming at the mouth in the game thread and declaring we had zero chance of coming back after that.

Even though there were some suspensions going into the game, the inability of the secondary to make a play on the ball, even in tight coverage may be a concern.... A number of, albeit, nice passes completed against us in tight coverage, due to lack of ball awareness. All that was needed was a hand or finger.... In B1G play, this would not play well.

And..... even though the game was over, if you are going to put Connor Rhoda in for the 4th quarter, treat it like a real game situation, and let him throw the ball.

Curious as to what others think on these 2 matters.

Iowa scored the first 7 and the last 7.

The Gophers scored the 51 in between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even though there were some suspensions going into the game, the inability of the secondary to make a play on the ball, even in tight coverage may be a concern.... A number of, albeit, nice passes completed against us in tight coverage, due to lack of ball awareness. All that was needed was a hand or finger.... In B1G play, this would not play well.

And..... even though the game was over, if you are going to put Connor Rhoda in for the 4th quarter, treat it like a real game situation, and let him throw the ball.

Curious as to what others think on these 2 matters.

On your first point..... It is my belief that the only starter who has been really exposed in pass coverage through these 2 games is AA4. We need to make some changes as he is (successfully) picked on repeatedly.

Agree with your second point. Not sure what that does for CR15 as far as future prep goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom