Possible BCS Nightmare - Oregon vs. UCLA

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
As I type this it is 21-14 Oregon. There is no chance that UCLA keeps it that close but imagine the chaos that would be caused in the BCS if UCLA at 6-6 would somehow figure out a way to upset Oregon and get the automatic BCS berth for the Pac 12. I would love to see it but again I don't think there is any chance it happens as Oregon is knocking on the doorstep of the endzone to go back up by 2 TD's.

35-14 Oregon....never mind sorry for wasting the time of anyone that might look at this post....

I don't know about that--this is a "play-off" game. Those in favor of a play-off would be in favor of a UCLA victory. If not, you are not really in favor of a play-off, but a "selective play-off". A "selective play-off", is, well, the BCS. Paradoxes abound...

It's 35-14 Oregon now, so it's unlikely UCLA is going to win, but it would basically be a B1G curbstomp in the Rose Bowl if UCLA were to pull it out.

UCLA wins they go to a BCS bowl. Now that they've lost, they don't go to any bowl.

UCLA got a waiver based on the asinine reason a league championship game isn't a regular season game. Being the default southern division champions would have made more sense.

I don't know about that--this is a "play-off" game. Those in favor of a play-off would be in favor of a UCLA victory. If not, you are not really in favor of a play-off, but a "selective play-off". A "selective play-off", is, well, the BCS. Paradoxes abound...

There are no paradoxes. A playoff doesn't imply that all conference champions make the playoffs. If there were an 8-team playoff with only the top-8 conference champions included, UCLA would be excluded.

Top Bottom