Positives

gopherfield

Reaction score
While we didn't play well (particularly in the first half), we out gained ISU, we caused a few turnovers, ISU never scored outside of the 2nd quarter, and we had our chances to win. There's a lot to work on, but McKnight looked great, and I saw some good work from Kirksey, Wilhite, and Jacobs on D.
No excuses, but this game still seemed to turn on some bad breaks. Troy falls down on route in endzone to cause interception instead of touchdown. Theret goes down on contact at 5 yd line to allow ISU's 2nd TD. We miss the only inside-the-30 chip-shot of the year by Ellested. We miss the route just high off McKnight's hands in endzone in the 3rd and settle for the FG attempt. We settle for the FG after a 2nd and 3 on the 4 yard line. And of course, we fumble inside the 20 while going in for our winning score.

While we didn't play well (particularly in the first half), we out gained ISU, we caused a few turnovers, ISU never scored outside of the 2nd quarter, and we had our chances to win. There's a lot to work on, but McKnight looked great, and I saw some good work from Kirksey, Wilhite, and Jacobs on D.
No excuses, but this game still seemed to turn on some bad breaks. Troy falls down on route in endzone to cause interception instead of touchdown. Theret goes down on contact at 5 yd line to allow ISU's 2nd TD. We miss the only inside-the-30 chip-shot of the year by Ellested. We miss the route just high off McKnight's hands in endzone in the 3rd and settle for the FG attempt. We settle for the FG after a 2nd and 3 on the 4 yard line. And of course, we fumble inside the 20 while going in for our winning score.

Yeah but....we made these same types of mistakes EVERY game this year.

The title of this post was "positives."

:clap:

And I don't think Brewster will lock Grey in a closet for three hours after his fumble. Brewster patted him on the back. I'm sure Grey feels like S@#!. Funny thing is when he broke that long run just prior to the fumble, Grey tucked the ball in nicely. Gotta do that all the time. No. 5.

And I don't think Brewster will lock Grey in a closet for three hours after his fumble. Brewster patted him on the back. I'm sure Grey feels like S@#!. Funny thing is when he broke that long run just prior to the fumble, Grey tucked the ball in nicely. Gotta do that all the time. No. 5.

did you not see the replay of the gray fumble? it was simply a very good play by the isu d-line to reach in (after gray had already started to move past him up field) and knock it lose while he was being pushed to the ground. i agree about two hands, but it was just a very good play by the isu d-lineman that caused the fumble, not so much gray carrying it with reckless abandon.

Top Bottom