please put a muzzle on barkely and smith

Go4

Reaction score
why were these two jackos doing college basketball? barkley said over and over that this was his first final four he's ever been to, so why is he commentating on the final four?

please, put some knowledgeable talking heads on.

I am sick of ALL the talking heads, I was playing music on my home theater with the volume muted the entire game. MUCH better! By the way, what an awful game tonight. Just ugly basketball.

get rosencrantz and guildenstern out of hamlet. They aren't nearly dramatic enough!

Enjoyed Barkley, Smith, Reggie Miller (game analyst) & Ernie Johnson. A good move to add a different perspective (guys who cover NBA) to the college game. Refreshing to get opinions from guys that don't have an agenda like Vitale. I hope CBS/TNT/TBS/TruTV welcomes back Chuck & Kenny next year.

Enjoyed Barkley, Smith, Reggie Miller (game analyst) & Ernie Johnson. A good move to add a different perspective (guys who cover NBA) to the college game. Refreshing to get opinions from guys that don't have an agenda like Vitale. I hope CBS/TNT/TBS/TruTV welcomes back Chuck & Kenny next year.

Agreed 100%

My thoughts as well. Not sure why people are so against having guys who aren't ingrained in the college game doing some analysis as well. They were about as right as any of the "real" college analyst anyway. Basketball is basketball, and those guys know the sport. I can see why Chuck may rub people the wrong way though, he's one of those love him/hate him types, not many neutral.

why were these two jackos doing college basketball? barkley said over and over that this was his first final four he's ever been to, so why is he commentating on the final four?

please, put some knowledgeable talking heads on.

Does basketball change at the final four? Do they stop playing basketball and start playing checkers at the final four? So what's Barkleys final four attendance record matter. Basketball is basketball whether its at the final four or played on an NBA court and the guys you mentioned know basketball.

I concur. Really enjoyed Reggie and Steve Kerr. They were refreshing compared to Bilas, Raftery and Digger's stupid highlighter.

I thought Steve Kerr did great. Enjoyed listening to him.

I thought Steve Kerr did great. Enjoyed listening to him.

Steve Kerr is definitely a high quality analyst. Sucks he failed miserably with the Suns in the front office, but I like having him commentating, so it was a plus to me lol.

Barkley is welcome back anytime as far as I'm concerned, based solely upon this beatdown of Pitino and the Big East during the first weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICopya1O14

Exactly. A person's honest analysis that doesn't toe the ESPN company line (I realize that ESPN didn't broadcast these games) is so refreshing it actually sounds shocking when it happens. That alone tells you how much fresh voices and perspectives are needed.

On Selection Sunday I was completely against having Barkley on there but as the tourney went in I started to like him because he is brutally honest in his evaluation. What he sees is what he says and he won't apologize about that. The one big improvement that he needs to make is to just slow down. He can make a lot of good points but he starts talking faster than he can think and it sounds like he is bumbling and has no clue what he is talking about. Overall though I thought he was a good contributor due to his honesty.

On Selection Sunday I was completely against having Barkley on there but as the tourney went in I started to like him because he is brutally honest in his evaluation. What he sees is what he says and he won't apologize about that. The one big improvement that he needs to make is to just slow down. He can make a lot of good points but he starts talking faster than he can think and it sounds like he is bumbling and has no clue what he is talking about. Overall though I thought he was a good contributor due to his honesty.

Charles is a chameleon, it took him a little bit but he just got better and better during the tournament. One of the most entertaining people out there.

Top Bottom