Please Joel, not Hoke!!!!!

U2Gopher

Reaction score
I'm going to be really, really pissed if this is true.

Who did you want?

Gary Patterson from TCU when he announces on Monday that he is leaving to take the Minnesota job and his assistant head coach will be taking over for the Rose Bowl game. :D

I imagine you being out at the airport as the Auburn AD landed after his trip to Ames two years ago.

A year from now, Hoke will be THE coach everyone wants if he is in San Diego. Schools like Minnesota have to get that coach a year before the helmet schools come calling.

2008 San Diego State lost 70-7 to New Mexico. BOTH teams fired their coach a few weeks later. Compare the programs. Aztecs bowling for the first time since 1998. Lobos have 1-2 wins the last two years.

Excellent Points

I imagine you being out at the airport as the Auburn AD landed after his trip to Ames two years ago.

A year from now, Hoke will be THE coach everyone wants if he is in San Diego. Schools like Minnesota have to get that coach a year before the helmet schools come calling.

2008 San Diego State lost 70-7 to New Mexico. BOTH teams fired their coach a few weeks later. Compare the programs. Aztecs bowling for the first time since 1998. Lobos have 1-2 wins the last two years.

This.

The (presumptive) coaches in the running are all head coaches now. No one is a certain "kill shot" or "bust" until they get here. Rich Rodriquez was a kill-shot hire at Michigan, when announced.

Who did you want? I think a lot of people are underestimating how good Brady Hoke is.

First, I should say that I posted that on my first reaction to reading the tweet from Doogie. I let my emotions get the better of me! My disappointment with a Hoke hire has nothing to do with his ability, per se, I just want Calhoun badly. Hoke is actually on "my final three list" but he's behind Calhoun. If he's told us no already, I'm happy with a Hoke hire.

I respectfully disagree. I wasn't too high on Hoke until I talked with an SDSU football alumnus who was horrified that Hoke might leave there. They love this guy down there and they really feel he is the man to turn around their program. Hoke is now the #2 guy on my list (behind Dan Mullen.)

Hoke

What do you guys see in Hoke? He is 45 and 50 for a career record. He has 3 winning seasons in 8 years. 3 bowls in 8 years. When he left Ball State after the one only really good season in his career, he left them in shambles. It was a not a program on the rise. He has proven he is less than average.

What do you guys see in Hoke? He is 45 and 50 for a career record. He has 3 winning seasons in 8 years. 3 bowls in 8 years. When he left Ball State after the one only really good season in his career, he left them in shambles. It was a not a program on the rise. He has proven he is less than average.

Congrats, you just described Kirk Ferentz among others. Hoke is a Big Ten guy who rebuilt to programs. You put him in the Big Ten, and he will not disapoint.

How do we know he left them in shambles? Maybe he did less with more, no one will ever really know. He's gotten better every year in his two jobs. So does this make Golden less than average too because his career record is under .500? Same with Calhoun because he lost to Hoke? Honestly, if he's the guy, give him a chance before everyone starts ripping on him.

Top Bottom