please allow booze to be sold in the stadium!

If you could pick one adult beverage to be sold at TCF what would it be

• Bud Light-Miller Lite-High life-Coors-Mich Golden

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Whisky

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Rum(dark or clear)

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Vodka

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Scotch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 33 44.0%

• Total voters

To all of the teatotalers: either you deal with fans getting a beer or two in the stadium and remaining relatively sober, or you deal with them getting smashed before hand and or bringing lots of hard liquor to enjoy during the game, unsupervised. You tell me which scenario is more conducive to a calm atmosphere

honestly everyone should get some hard liquor to endure the product on the field

To all of the teatotalers: either you deal with fans getting a beer or two in the stadium and remaining relatively sober, or you deal with them getting smashed before hand and or bringing lots of hard liquor to enjoy during the game, unsupervised. You tell me which scenario is more conducive to a calm atmosphere

honestly everyone should get some hard liquor to endure the product on the field

You do realize that regardless if they sell alcohol in the stadium or not this is going to happen anyway.

Whiskey

But I can't afford a suite, so it would be a moot point.

We're not teetotalers. That's the correct spelling, it has nothing to do with tea. The word comed from the 19th century temperance movement, where those who chose to totally abstain from alcohol rather than just consume in moderation would put a T next to their name. Eventually, the temperance movement ceased to be about temperance (moderation) but about total abstinance.

In any case, again, we aren't teetotalers. Allowing alcohol to be served in general seating in our stadium would make the U a laughing stock. Cue the people who say we already are, do you then want to make it worse?

I wonder if the U spent the extra revenue received from selling beer on an expensive, known-name head coach if some fans would still be so against it?

Booze should be allowed at Mn, Indiana, and Illinois for obvious reasons.

Another example of tossing aside a revenue stream. They will be in this bind until the drinking age is lowered to 18 or the 26th amendment is repealed.

If the extra revenue from allowing beer in the luxury boxes was spent on hiring a better coach, would the "beer for all" crowd support being like the overwhelming majority of colleges and not have alcohol in general seating?

WTF is happening to this message board? We need a win badly.

If the extra revenue from allowing beer in the luxury boxes was spent on hiring a better coach, would the "beer for all" crowd support being like the overwhelming majority of colleges and not have alcohol in general seating?

If the $1 million of extra cash made by selling in the suites would be enough for a big name coach I'd be all for it. Unfortunately it will take more money than that. I get my drinking in at TCF whether they sell beer or not. If the U doesn't want my extra $25 a game that's fine with me.

If the $1 million of extra cash made by selling in the suites would be enough for a big name coach I'd be all for it. Unfortunately it will take more money than that. I get my drinking in at TCF whether they sell beer or not. If the U doesn't want my extra $25 a game that's fine with me.
Nope, they don't, which why they don't sell alcohol. That and the extra cost of increased security and medical personnel required to handle the indignant inebriates, well there you go.

The only reason we are even having this discussion is because of the Metrodome. The reason you could buy beer at the dome was that the U did not control it. It is extremely unusual to allow alcohol to be served in general seating at a college stadium, and would make the U a laughing stock.

The argument that if we don't sell beer, people will just show up plastered is weak. People are going to show up plastered whether or not they can buy beer there. Believe it or not, some people actually manage to go three hours without a beer at other events.

I'm definitely for it in the suites, as a revenue stream. I don't really care if it's in the general seats - I wouldn't ever pay $7 for a beer.

Yep. Beer at the dome for the same reason UND has beer for hockey games at the Ralph. Because the facility isn't owned by the school. That said, the U can, if they want, sell beer. The NCAA discourages it, but can't ban it.

I hardly think it would make the U a laughing stock if they sold beer.

The premium seat ticket purchasers were promised that there would be at least beer and wine sold up there, when the GD legislature voted it down, they had to backtrack and reduce prices. But as soon as those 3 year contracts run out, the U will have a lot of trouble selling those suites and seats, ESPECIALLY if that idiot Brew is not fired, why hasn't Maturi responded to the latest fiasco? He is just as bad as Brewster I vote for Lou Nanne for AD !!!

The premium seat ticket purchasers were promised that there would be at least beer and wine sold up there, when the GD legislature voted it down, they had to backtrack and reduce prices. But as soon as those 3 year contracts run out, the U will have a lot of trouble selling those suites and seats, ESPECIALLY if that idiot Brew is not fired, why hasn't Maturi responded to the latest fiasco? He is just as bad as Brewster I vote for Lou Nanne for AD !!!

Don't forget that the legislature meddling also meant the U couldn't sell booze in the Barn and Mariucci, which they previously had been doing.

Nope, they don't, which why they don't sell alcohol. That and the extra cost of increased security and medical personnel required to handle the indignant inebriates, well there you go.

Yeah, the extra cost of security and medical personnel is why booze is not sold at any sporting event. The revenues from booze far exceed the cost of selling it at sporting events. Just ask the Twins how much more money they are making this year selling beer. But I'm sure the cost of providing beer is doesn't cover it!

Don't forget that the legislature meddling also meant the U couldn't sell booze in the Barn and Mariucci, which they previously had been doing.

Didn't that also apply to concerts at Northrop? Brilliant move.

This thread ought to be closed. The poll is keeping this thread artificially towards the top of the list instead of scrolling off.

Top Bottom