Playoff

Goldmember

Reaction score
Because if you watch the game tonight they are going to talk about it. Worst of all, they may even claim that tonight's game should be the semi-final :eek:.

So this is my idea. I have been filling in this spreadsheet at the end of every season for several years.

picture.php

5 at-large berths are based on final BCS standings. The Pac Ten and Big Ten have to play each other and can have a max of 2 teams participate in lieu of a conference championship. The Big East gets demoted to a play-in game, and can also have a max of 2 teams involved.

The idea is to maintain most of what works with the current system. I think it works better than that stupid MWC proposal.:)

You mean SH couldn't start playing basketball for Tubby until after January 24th? We can't have that.

This idea is most of the way to what I think should happen as well.

I would utilize more byes and go slightly larger, maybe to eighteen. The idea that the eventual champion is unlikely to play more that three games but all conferenced get represented as well as deserving conference runnerups.

You know you could call the first rounds the "NFC and AFC" playoffs and instead of "National Championship" use something a little "showier". How about the "SUPER Bowl"? Yeah, that will work!:)

It would be way more exciting, maybe we could call it the sweet sixteen or the final four, or something like that.

Top Bottom