Playing to win vs. playing not to lose.

balds

Reaction score
That is one of the many things I love about this team. Going for it on 4th and long, bringing the corner blitz vs. Nebraska in "prevent" time, etc. In my opinion it totally changes the team's mental state of mind. Michigan St. was certainly playing to win yesterday and you could sense the confidence and purpose after the fake FG.

Sparty is less talented than previous years, thus they must take some risks. They used to have a guaranteed defensive offsides, at least one personal foul, and usually a holding call that negated a big play every week. They aren't beating themselves. But, if they lose and we win this Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see us favored. How about that?

Sparty is less talented than previous years, thus they must take some risks. They used to have a guaranteed defensive offsides, at least one personal foul, and usually a holding call that negated a big play every week. They aren't beating themselves. But, if they lose and we win this Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised to see us favored. How about that?

I'd be shocked if we weren't double digit dogs in both games.

I agree balds. We played not to lose against Iowa and it was horrible. Since then we have been the aggressor and it has paid dividends for us. I hope that we don't ever lose this mentality

Minnesota will not be favored in either game no matter what. Of course, that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Top Bottom