Playing Time Question

WadeHokenson

Reaction score
I've admittedly seen far less of the team this year than in the past, but Karley Barnes played a TON last year (more than I thought she should be) and in the few games I've seen this year I haven't seen her sniff the court. Lamke started over half the games last year and hasn't seen a second of PT in what I've seen. Did either of these players play before the ISU transfer (Fernstrom?) was eligible at the semester break? Have Tinjum/Fernstrom (sp?) just taken these two players' PT.

Also, Starr is getting no PT. She didn't offer a ton last year either outside of hustle, but surprised to see a couple of starters and major contributors on a good team last year get literally zero playing time now.

Just curious if there are any insights into these players from those who have followed a little closer this year?

Edwards, Fernstrom and T. Bello are getting the post minutes. I think she sees more potential in T. Bello and Barnes always had problems finishing around the rim. The other 3 are not stellar but seem to score more consistently. A. Starr is losing her PT to better guards like Hubbard, although she has missed alot of time, Brunson, and she rarely takes Bell or Wagner out for long. I actually thinks she plans on Wagner and Bell going for 37-38 minutes a game and then subbing in based on who is hot. Their team D and rebounding are generally awful which has cost them many games. They did play the two best teams in the Big, Maryland and OSU, closely and lost in the last 4-5 minutes of the game.

A lot of Lamke's starts last year are a little misleading. She only ended up played 3-5 minutes a game.

Top Bottom