Player grades: Top performers in Gophers’ 48-0 win over Rhode Island

Minnesota
QB Max Brosmer: 91.9

Rutgers
QB Athan Kaliakmanis: 79.1
Thus far in the 2 game season AK is sitting at 64.9 QBR and Max is at 48.9
6 TD’s for Athan
Want to see Max have a great year, but AK is, so far, doing okay.

Thus far in the 2 game season AK is sitting at 64.9 QBR and Max is at 48.9
6 TD’s for Athan
Want to see Max have a great year, but AK is, so far, doing okay.
Brosmer's passer rating is 157.3. AK is 167. AK's stats boosted by 6 TDs. Otherwise Max's stats are better. Max has also played against a P4 team, AK hasn't.

I'd say they are playing fairly equal right now.
I'm a big completion % guy so I'd give the edge to Max. TD can be misleading because it somewhat depends on the offensive philosophy in the red zone. But hard to compare after 2 games against different teams. One of these days I'll have to try to watch some Rutgers to see.

I'm a big completion % guy so I'd give the edge to Max. TD can be misleading because it somewhat depends on the offensive philosophy in the red zone. But hard to compare after 2 games against different teams. One of these days I'll have to try to watch some Rutgers to see.
I have seen a fair amount of their first two games. AK hasn't been bad but their RB is what is driving their offense as he has been awesome. They haven't played a tough opponent yet either. Howard and an Akron team coming off a 2-10 season in 2023. AK has thrown 4 of his 6 TDs after the games have been well in hand and the other team has been beaten down by the RB.

They are off this weekend and then go to Virginia Tech on the 21st. That will be the first time AK will go against a solid defense this year so will be interesting to see how he looks in that one.

Makes sense that AK would be better this year than last year, another year older with an entire off season to work on the things he sucked at in 2023. That said, from what I have seen of each guy so far this year I am glad we have Brosmer.

I think this YouTuber has excellent content.

Top Bottom