Player Development Award: Deleon Eskridge

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
He has matured so well. He is strong and has great balance.

I did not see this coming in any way.

Agreed. McKnight belongs in the conversation too if one were rewinding the clock back to national LOI day.

He has matured so well. He is strong and has great balance.

I did not see this coming in any way.

During this season it is true. At the beginning of the year I was furious every time DE got in the game. Today, I found myself angry when Bennett was in. That is a complete 180 from the beginning of the year.

For the first time since Amir Pinnix we have a Big10 back

Deleon Eskeridge elevated himself to the level of being able to be called a Big10 back today.
For the first time in a long time ladies and gentleman we have a Big 10 running back.
We need more talent all around but we do have a Big 10 level tailback.

I think whoever is our coach next year will have a pretty good group of players to work with. They will have to recruit after that but to begin, I think the coach is going to be happy to come here. Mcknight, Eskridge,Gray, Bennet, Lair,Allen, on offense and on defense most of the squad returns.

I think whoever is our coach next year will have a pretty good group of players to work with. They will have to recruit after that but to begin, I think the coach is going to be happy to come here. Mcknight, Eskridge,Gray, Bennet, Lair,Allen, on offense and on defense most of the squad returns.

Unless we decide to run the same scheme. An inexperienced OL unable to run block and poor quarterback play would torpedo the entire offense.

Wish we could have redshirted him. McKnight also.

Unless we decide to run the same scheme. An inexperienced OL unable to run block and poor quarterback play would torpedo the entire offense.

Yes our offensive line might be a problem. We need to get to the point where we have upper class men playing and under class men learning the system.

I thought he played well today. I was really impressed how he got to the outside. It felt like if our TE's were able to sustain some blocks he would have had some big gains today.

It is amazing how much better he runs when he is not looking at his toes when he is running the ball. It was obvious that he was looking forward finding holes instead of his old habit of looking straight down at the ground. If he keeps it up he might just turn out to be pretty darn good.

I see others have posted it, but Eskridge and others should have been red-shirted.

I've always liked Eskridge as a player. Great patience, but couldn't seem to get himself up to the speed of the college game until this season. He's a good running back.

My favorite part about his performance today was that the d-bags that sit behind us and constantly rip on everything that goes on on the field for the Gophers (and any coaching decision) said at the start..."Funny, Brewster is gone and Bennett finally gets to start. Makes sense since he's a far better RB." Made me think, I don't know if Bennett truly hasn't been starting and if he hasn't its not like he's got no carries, and then to see Eskridge absolutely take off today was sweet. Just another time those guys were dead wrong...thank god they left early this week.

"Funny, Brewster is gone and Bennett finally gets to start. Makes sense since he's a far better RB."

Duane is markedly better this year too.

Neither Deleon or Duane had any business being on the field as frosh.

Deleon has always run with tremendous energy and purpose; ditto Bennett. But they weren't quite big enough. I've always liked the way Deleon can shift and move after he gets past the line. There are some good ball players on this team - hopefully the next coach will take them to another level.

Deleon is playing much better. I gotta give some credit to Horton on that too.

Does anyone know why Kirkwood hasn't seen the field in a month or so?

Top Bottom