Play4Brew.com still up..

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
So it's been over 24 hours, and Brew's recruiting website, Play4Brew.com, is still up and running.

I wonder how long it'll be up, and if they'll just shut it down, change the school, or put any statement up from Brew.

The admin and technical contacts on the domain go to a umn.edu address with a physical address in the football complex so I'm betting the university owns the address. It will probably disappear into the ether in a few days.

They are probably trying to figure out where to redirect the URL to.

I watched the Iowa tribute to Brewster on YouTube (thanks for that) but it linked to a video of Brewster at Illinois where he does not have a southern accent...I had never seen verifiable evidence before that the accent was acquired or created since he became a coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40_OObz3ZCA&feature=related

I have been fixating on Brewsters absurd accent for some time. I wondered when he starting working on it. My guess was sometime after he met Mack Brown and moved on to Texas with him. If they had stayed at UNC maybe he would have talked more like Andy Griffifth by the time he arrived here.

That phony accent has always been grating, and proves what a total fake and BS artist he has been for years. I wonder if he asked Mack Brown what brand of underwear to buy, and what car to drive.

Thankfully he was sent packing so we will not have to endure weeks more of inane, cliched comments delivered with that fake accent.

That's sad, yet not really surprising.

He does it every day while swearing off Kool-Aid for one more day. "No fake accents, no grape kool aid, no fake accents, no fruit punch, no fake accents, I think I can have Tang and be ok."

With as tech-savvy as the U is, that website could be up for years.

Why would anyone care what accent the coach has? Why would anyone think it is fake? Some people naturally tend to pick up accents when they move around, other people tend to have accents that change.

Top Bottom