Play Adam Weber

Reaction score
I salute the coaching staff for sticking with Adam Weber. In what is turning out to be a dismal season, his climb up the Big Ten record lists is the only positive that will be taken away from this season. I also think the coaching staff is trying to do MarQues Gray a favor by helping him to understand that his long term future and any hopes of a career are at WR. Weber has conducted himself in a manner that the sate of Minnesota should be proud of. He is a class act. Some say that others should play "for the future." I say sticking with Weber is the best lesson to give this team for the future. He is by no means a perfect QB, but he has been surrounded by a group that is overall lacking in Big Ten talent. This move sends the message that if you are the best at your position, work hard, stay positive, be a leader, compete, put the team 1st, you will be rewarded. This program needs more athletes like him. Celebrate his successes and appreciate what he has given to this program. And fear what it might be like without him.

Fear what it might be like without him? HE SUCKS ASS.

then what is waiting might suck butt and somehting in front. Do you really think anyone in behind of him on this roster could play 4 years and put up the numbers he has? He also might be the only glue that is keeping whatever is left of this awful team together, pal.

Oh and another thing, you are offensive. Clean up your language. The kid doesn't deserve that kind of talk; you do.

then what is waiting might suck butt and somehting in front. Do you really think anyone in behind of him on this roster could play 4 years and put up the numbers he has? He also might be the only glue that is keeping whatever is left of this awful team together, pal.
If Gray had the chance to start for four years, I bet he gives us more wins that Adam Weber. The numbers don't mean anything, the W's do.

Weber = Rickey Henderson

Rickey Henderson holds some MLB records (with the exception of the SB record) simply because he was a leadoff man for many many years and got that many more plate appearances than anyone else. Weber had the luxury of starting for 4 years for a terrible team that was playing from behind a lot and thus throwing the ball on every down late in most games piling up garbage stats. Where does Weber rank all-time for TD passes and wins....you know the stats that actually matter?

If Gray had the chance to start for four years, I bet he gives us more wins that Adam Weber. The numbers don't mean anything, the W's do.

That is tough saying and of course we will never know what Gray would have done if he would have started the last few years. My guess is with a pretty terrible defense, a weak rushing attack, very weak offensive line until this year and a coaching staff that ranks 11 out of 11 in the Big Ten by pretty much everyone the last 4 years, not sure if he would have or could have given us any more wins. He certainly wouldn't have had himself to throw to at receiver - he is probably one of Weber's best targets.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the team's dismal showing this season, but let's just take the high road and enjoy whatever small crumbs of success come our way. Weber's ascent in the record books is one of the very few bright spots we have!!!

And whoever we get as our next coach, let's all get behind him and support him even if it isn't the guy we personally wanted. Can't wait to get this year behind us!!!

If I had a daughter and she had a shorty, I would want A-Web to be the babbydaddy.

If I had a favorite college football team, I would not want him to be the starting QB for four years.

Webs is a fine, fine human being and he'll be an excellent lawyer, if that's still what he wants to do. I hope he wins more trials than he did college football games.

Rickey Henderson holds some MLB records (with the exception of the SB record) simply because he was a leadoff man for many many years and got that many more plate appearances than anyone else. Weber had the luxury of starting for 4 years for a terrible team that was playing from behind a lot and thus throwing the ball on every down late in most games piling up garbage stats.

Where does Weber rank all-time for TD passes and wins....you know the stats that actually matter?

..........Actually, Art -- you should know this one. Weber set the all-time Gopher record for career TD passes vs. USC this year....

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204996839

Oh and another thing, you are offensive. Clean up your language. The kid doesn't deserve that kind of talk; you do.

I can take that talk because I'm not a passive-agressive Minnesotan who can't look critically at situations or other people and doesn't like controversy. He's not a kid, he's an adult. So I guess a 23 year old Sydney Crosby, or any NBA player under the age of 23 shouldn't get any flack every once in a while from people either "because he's a kid." Sorry, point over. No point arguing the booing or not booing thing anymore I'll take my side over with the usually agreeing GPLites.

Who cares about the Gopher record. That's like saying you hold the all-time passing record at Navy or the rushing record at Houston or Texas Tech.....BFD....I'm talking about B10 records.

LOL......Well right now these are pretty tough times for the U of M football team. We are so far away from anything remotely successful right now we are even looking up to South Dakota and the University of Northern Illinois. Not really thinking too much about any Big Ten or national records at this point unless it is for futility and I am sure that is a distinct possibility right now.

This original poster must be Adams dad or relative. I feel ashamed that a guy with as many losses and responsible for as many terrible memories over the last 4 yrs, now holds almost all U of M qb records.

playing Adam Weber = giving every kid a trophy for participating.

Web's completion percentage for this season and last is about 50% - sub-par for the Big Ten or any major conference. His fumbles and interceptions have been disastrous at times. He's a tough guy, a real competitor, but he's not a great runner or passer. He would be a good back-up QB. 15-35 will be a terrible record, no matter how many yards he racked up.

...his climb up the Big Ten record lists is the only positive that will be taken away from this season.

True, we want his record for most Big Ten Losses EVER by a starting QB to be safe forever. No one else can have that record. It's Adam's alone. I wonder if he'll put that trophy on his mantle...

"No point arguing the booing or not booing thing anymore I'll take my side over with the usually agreeing GPLites"

Do you mean all of the delusional ones who predicted an 8-10 win season, said Michael Carter was going to be a "shut down corner", said the defense, despite losing everyone, was going to be actually better this year? Yeah, they were pretty smart!

Sorry I called Weber a kid. I don' think it all that uncommon for people to say kid when talking about college students. I hear the term "college kid" all the time.

Still think you should clean up your language.

I can take that talk because I'm not a passive-agressive Minnesotan who can't look critically at situations or other people and doesn't like controversy.

You are brutalizing the most dedicated player on the team you claim to be a fan of. And you are doing it anonymously on a message board. Yet, you claim you are "not a passive-agressive Minnesotan". Are you sure you know what passive-aggressive means? You are pretty much defining it right now.

Weber is a fine lad but he is also a mature man who should understand why Gray has replaced him at QB.

That said the system in place now would not suit Gray so he would likely fare no better than Adam. Let the next coach decide if Gray is a QB or Wide out.

I would like to see another QB play in the 4th quarter of blow out games. No point in letting Adam play the whole game in 52-10 loss. JMO

Top Bottom