PJ had a special bottle of bourbon labeled "Floyd" in his cabinet for years, he finally got so have a pour this weekend

Insider tip - on the Brandy side, Loon Liquors has the most amazing Brandy I've ever tasted. It's not for sale, and won't be until it ages around another 5 years. They made it in partnership with Keepsake Cidery. Put it on your calendar for five years from now to check if they've released it for sale. I drink Brandy at least as often as Scotch (actually, very little on the Burbon front), and they've really got something great aging in their barrels. If you ever stop in to visit Loon, maybe you can talk them into letting you sample some.

On the Scotch side, I worked half-time in London for a couple of years (two weeks there, two weeks back in the States) and we'd often head up to Scotland for weekends to do Scotch tours. Good memories. If you are ever heading to Scotland, send me a note and I can give you tips on which distillars to visit.

Absolutely. I had a 1 oz pour of pappy 23 yr a few years back and it was massively underwhelming. I’m pretty convinced that some of these rare and “high-end” distilleries and vineyards are money laundering fronts, but that would be a discussion for the off topic board.
You think Buffalo Trace is a front? Are you high?

I rarely drink with that said, I have mostly had Highlands stuff. I've mostly given it away (anniversaries/ retirements, etc.)

I've had Laphroaig. a little too smokey for me. Usually I've gifted young scotch (12 year olds) Abelour, Balvenie, and Oban 14). In a nutshell, affordable, but still decent?
Oban 14 Year is a fine choice. Definitely quality and a very good value.

Surprised they bused back. I thought they flew everywhere. He is super happy. I rag on him from time to time but he seems like the real deal. I drink beer with both hands but scotch and bourban are too hard for me.

Yes it is a blended scotch. I just assumed he was talking about scotches because I brought up scotch.

But you replied to a post referring to Pappy Van Winkle bourbon. And bourbon is what Fleck was referring to.

So... ?????

Surprised they bused back. I thought they flew everywhere. He is super happy. I rag on him from time to time but he seems like the real deal. I drink beer with both hands but scotch and bourban are too hard for me.
I'm the same. No matter what I drink it's too fast. Liquor puts me in jail and I don't sober up until prison.
I wish I could control it enough to appreciate the taste of a good liquor after 7 minutes before being shit faced. There are a lot of great tastes out there.

You think Buffalo Trace is a front? Are you high?
itissimplyunfathomablethatfactionsofthevariousviceindustrieswiththeirillustriousreputationsandsqueakycleanhistorieswouldeverdabbleinothervicesandshadydealingsrequiringtheneedtocleansomedirtymoneyyouarerightbottlesofalcoholsometimessellingforseveralthousandsofdollarsorevenmillionsofdollarsonthesecondarymarketisnotshadyatallonemustbeundertheinfluenceofsomesortofmindalteringchemicaltothinkotherwiseialsodidntmentionbuffalotracebynameyoudid

Me rn frfr 👇
1698319963177.jpeg

Absolutely. I had a 1 oz pour of pappy 23 yr a few years back and it was massively underwhelming. I’m pretty convinced that some of these rare and “high-end” distilleries and vineyards are money laundering fronts, but that would be a discussion for the off topic board.
I've had the Pappy Van Winkle 15, 20 and 23 year olds as a bourbon flight and the 23 year old is no where near as good as the 15 and 20 year old, which are both exceptional. The 23 year old has been in the oak too long.

Top Bottom