PJ Fleck Press Conference Videos - "gotta give NC a lot of credit...this is where you grow the most"

Don't give me any BS about growth - growth mattered in the old format where you had the same players for 4-5 years. We are in the era of every player being a FA on a 1 year contract and fans should no longer accept this as an excuse. PJ did a worse job of getting his players ready to compete plain and simple. Injuries to key players prior to GAME 1 is already unacceptable.

You can’t view every pass play as a big scary risky thing.
Actually after 7 season of PJ Fleck football, I think he's proven he does just that. I'm waiting for him to drop the old Woody Hayes comment - Three things happen when you pass, and two of them are bad.

UNCheat isn't very good, your offensive game plan is what lost the game.

It was disheartening to hear excuses for not passing the ball in that situation. Fleck not trusting his QB and WRs when inside the red zone... that's not a good sign

"Points matter in a close game." How about not playing to win (more often, lose) a close game? Get your balls out of Heather's purse.
Barks like a junkyard dog, but the reality is much more a trembling chihuahua being chauffeured around in a Louis Vittoun bag.

"Points matter in a close game." How about not playing to win (more often, lose) a close game? Get your balls out of Heather's purse.
No one said go for it on fourth down. Just call plays that give you a legit shot at the td and then attempt your field goal. It’s not like the only options are turn it over or score a td.

No one said go for it on fourth down. Just call plays that give you a legit shot at the td and then attempt your field goal. It’s not like the only options are turn it over or score a td.
agreed. brosmer has played 35 games of college football. he threw 6 picks last year. he's old enough to know to be careful with the ball. the expected win % you add trying to score TDs makes a world of difference and you can call routes that are high percentage throws that are either completions or go out of bounds (i.e. i'd take throwing a fade on a 3rd and goal from the 9 way more than a draw up the middle). This becomes even more lopsided when you know points are at a premium where a TD against a backup QB probably ices the game. Brosmer showed he could put the ball in the right place on literally the only ball they threw into the end zone (great back shoulder throw avoiding the DB that Spencer drops because he's Spencer).

agreed. brosmer has played 35 games of college football. he threw 6 picks last year. he's old enough to know to be careful with the ball. the expected win % you add trying to score TDs makes a world of difference and you can call routes that are high percentage throws that are either completions or go out of bounds (i.e. i'd take throwing a fade on a 3rd and goal from the 9 way more than a draw up the middle). This becomes even more lopsided when you know points are at a premium where a TD against a backup QB probably ices the game. Brosmer showed he could put the ball in the right place on literally the only ball they threw into the end zone (great back shoulder throw avoiding the DB that Spencer drops because he's Spencer).
I’m fine with going conservative with a nice lead, even if it results in the occasional NW type game. But I think it’s costing us too many times playing it safe in these back and forth close games.

I’m fine with going conservative with a nice lead, even if it results in the occasional NW type game. But I think it’s costing us too many times playing it safe in these back and forth close games.
with a 2-3 score lead it makes more sense. Agree with you 100% that the ultra-conservative gameplan just is not what works in CFB by and large anymore. game tempos are faster and the rules are made to reward higher risk moving the ball. Your margins get smaller and smaller as you play a tighter game, which is why it would make more sense to me if he went conservative this way but then would seek to maximize his points when he gets in scoring spots. instead he seeks a moderate return (3 instead of 0 or 7) which is going to burn you repeatedly with how we're going to play defense this year (blitz heavy is going to get you roasted for 7 and/or big chunk plays intermittently)

There is no such thing as safe for the gophers.
Play to bury them, that's what winners do.

Top Bottom