PJ Fleck has beaten everyone in Big Ten West … except Iowa

let's revisit this on Saturday. I am feeling good about the steps they've made and watching Mich St, they made Iowa look a lot better than they are (Lombardi looked abysmal and they kept trying to get him to win the game). Bring Floyd home

Hopefully we can channel some Jeff Horton energy ;)

Not quite the same situation as we're looking better, but a team facing challenges getting Iowa at home ....

Hopefully we can channel some Jeff Horton energy ;)

Not quite the same situation as we're looking better, but a team facing challenges getting Iowa at home ....
I'd prefer a flashback to 2014 personally ;)

I think this is the most important game of the season even before the 0-2 start

If the team went 6-2 this year but lost to Iowa and Wisconsin...disappointing year

If the team went 4-4 but beat either Iowa or Wisconsin....might be considered by many a more successful campaign than 6-2 and getting swept by those two rivals

x123Kvo.png

PJ and the gophs went full gopher in the IA game last year.

Kill beat them twice. Even Brewster/Horton beat them once. :cool:

Mason four times! (that 1999 team .... should've been a Rose Bowl and would've been a win over Stanford)

Hawkeyes definitely can be defeated this year. Key will be controlling the clock.......

As a diehard Gopher fan living in Iowa City, it absolutely torturous experiencing the giddy aftermath here of an Iowa victory over the Gophers! Please let us beat them in Mpls and let me hear the grumbling instead!!!! (Normally would drive up for game, but not this year :( )

Amazing to me the gophers took 3/5 from Iowa from 2010 to 2014 when you consider the condition of the program in that stretch

Jerry did a really nice job of saving the progress Mason made and turning around the Brewster mess quickly

It's all on the Gophs defense. Will they have improved enough to keep Iowa under 25-30 points? That's key.

I'm all in on a Gopher win, but it's FRIDAY the 13TH! I'm VERY SUPERSTITIOUS!

Amazing to me the gophers took 3/5 from Iowa from 2010 to 2014 when you consider the condition of the program in that stretch

Jerry did a really nice job of saving the progress Mason made and turning around the Brewster mess quickly
Those were 3 of Iowa's worst 4 records in the last 10 years.

Also played in minneapolis 4/5 years

Without knowing everything, I've always like Jeff Horton. I always felt that we should have found a spot for him as he clearly kept the team together during an absolute mess.

Same. Although keeping a guy on after changes like that seems more rare now a days.

Jeff did fine, he ended up San Diego State ... maybe not P5 but a nice town to be in.

Top Bottom