PJ Fleck: 'Don't Give Up on this Team'

GopherMarroon

Reaction score
Link PJ Fleck: 'Don't Give Up on this Team'

“I just want to thank our crowd,” Fleck said of the announced attendance of 52,048 at Huntington Bank. “I want to thank our fans and our student body, a sellout again, a maroon out. Place was rocking. I mean rocking. And I can’t tell you how much I appreciate (that as) the head coach and our players appreciate that. That’s really special environment at Huntington Bank that our fans create.

“And don’t give up on this team,” Fleck continued. “This team’s got a lot of football left, I promise you. And we’re gonna give you everything we have moving forward. That second half — we’re gonna learn from, I promise. We’ll get that corrected.”

“I just want to thank our crowd,” Fleck said of the announced attendance of 52,048 at Huntington Bank. “I want to thank our fans and our student body, a sellout again, a maroon out. Place was rocking. I mean rocking. And I can’t tell you how much I appreciate (that as) the head coach and our players appreciate that. That’s really special environment at Huntington Bank that our fans create.

“And don’t give up on this team,” Fleck continued. “This team’s got a lot of football left, I promise you. And we’re gonna give you everything we have moving forward. That second half — we’re gonna learn from, I promise. We’ll get that corrected.”
I'll believe it when I see it. I've more or less given up. Would be happy to be proven wrong. Correction - I'd be ecstatic.

I haven't given up on the team, I have given up on the coach.

The Post-game video, he has the deer in the headlights looks. He knows he doesn't have the knowledge and or ability to get this season back on track.

This is why people call him a used car salesman. He says he is going to get this figured out and turned around, but any non-delusional fan knows that isn't true.

Last edited:

Those are just words PJ. Too late, 30% of the fans already have with more to follow.

It’s not about the fans giving up on the team, it’s about the team giving up on the team. When the momentum swing is the halftime break, I’m thinking that’s all coaching, you think the players don’t know that as well. Coach Needs to big time pull a rabbit out of his BS hat and beat somebody or this could go south faster than the ….cant think of anything(fill in the blank).

Actually believe this.

It won’t translate to a lot of wins but I do believe they will play hard.

Might even pull off one upset along the way.

Brewster on his last show with Sid Hartman making promises of turning things around and what not. I remember thinking he's done and after the Purdue game that season he was fired. PJ isn't a Brewster but he seems to know this season could go spiraling out of control quickly if things don't turn around fast

Brewster on his last show with Sid Hartman making promises of turning things around and what not. I remember thinking he's done and after the Purdue game that season he was fired. PJ isn't a Brewster but he seems to know this season could go spiraling out of control quickly if things don't turn around fast
4 top 19 teams in the remaining 8 games
+
@ Wisconsin
+
Unbeaten Rutgers
+
Maryland and @ UCLA

You have to sweep the non top 25 teams to get to .500

This schedule is an easier schedule to go 10-2 against than last years but a harder schedule to go 6-6 against and they already lost a 50/50 game

Honestly even with what was working in first half, I thought Gophers were gonna come out and do what Iowa did in second half ball control, hog the clock and try to put them in a vice. It was good strategy and gave Iowa D time to recover. We were lucky to be in lead in first half with the interceptions, the dropped interceptions(tough catches) I knew Iowa was gonna do that, ride the run with # 2 he is NFL type running back, he is like MO with elite speed. They sent that message at end of first half. We are light up front at DE and DT, and looked a little tired. I know we caught Iowa off guard throwing but knew they would adjust. I thought maybe we would try to lean on them and run some inside traps and zone runs. Some Hook out routes. Michigan will be tough on the road, hopefully they are bored. We blitz our linebackers a lot because we are getting pushed up the field and pinned alot on double team blocks. Yesterday was an awesome crowd and game was entertaining and fun until it turned. I don't want to give up on the Gophers, I hope people enjoy what potential there is for the Gophers to play two halfs like the first and win. College football is fun to follow. We need to figure out NIL and try to gain more sponsorship deals. I think Gophers can still raise the level of program.

Last edited:

Top Bottom