PJ Fleck and his 2-minute offense

Fleck addressed it in his post game. Said if we catch the punt we try to score. That was why he took the timeouts.

Yes. Again, not hard to understand.

And yet, some folks just can't grasp it.

i mean if he hits a 45 yard punt, probably a very different mindset on trying to push the pace a little more. the net 63 yard punt wasn't what they were expecting i'm guessing
If 15 yds was the threshold for attempting an offensive drive, then I would again prefer they just have let the clock run while on defense. Don't even mess with fumble/muff on the return. The Rutgers punter already had boomed a 77 yarder already.

I question the strategy, but not that big of a deal. Wound up a moot point.

Fleck addressed it in his post game. Said if we catch the punt we try to score. That was why he took the timeouts.
It was bizarre that he didn’t catch that punt. Would have had the ball around the 36 instead of the 19.

He did exactly what he should have done. Called the timeouts but when your at your own 21 after the punt with 1:30 left don’t take any chances. Your up 14 and you get the ball first to start the second half. Makes sense to me

You out yourself as an idiot if you think it was dumb to not try to score.
14-0 in a game against an impotent offense.
You get the ball at the half.

The benefit of scoring is the game is over… but you can execute that exact drive the first drive of the third quarter. So the upside is very little

The downside of a turnover is you let the impotent offense back in the game.

Games aren’t played in a vacuum
Agree and the punt was the changer in thought. He decided no need to try and he knows we are not a quick strike offense.

If you’re gonna shit up the board with entire threads for nothing tweets, the least you can do is engage with the replies.
Maybe we can just have an "all things Tony Liebert tweets" thread??? He's inching close to big game boomer territory.

Top Bottom