Pitt-Butler

Holy crap!

Well put! I've never seen an ending like that in my life. I imagine Dixon may reconsider keeping guys at the foul line in a situation like that.

The bracket has opened up once again for UW if they can get past KSU.

Go Gophers!!

Pitt's my second favorite team, after the Gophers, so I may not be very objective here, but was I the only one who couldn't believe that they made that call? Yes, there was contact, but I didn't see a "must call" foul in that situation. Tough break for Pitt, I feel for Dixon and his guys, he seems like one of the true good guys in the game.

On another note, Matt Howard. . .last year he can't hit the broadside of the barn against reviled Duke in the national title game, then in this game he hits three 3's (after having connected on two other 3's in his whole career), hits the final free throw, and on top of it looks so damn goofy. He's not my favorite guy right now.

Pitt's my second favorite team, after the Gophers, so I may not be very objective here, but was I the only one who couldn't believe that they made that call? Yes, there was contact, but I didn't see a "must call" foul in that situation. Tough break for Pitt, I feel for Dixon and his guys, he seems like one of the true good guys in the game.

On another note, Matt Howard. . .last year he can't hit the broadside of the barn against reviled Duke in the national title game, then in this game he hits three 3's (after having connected on two other 3's in his whole career), hits the final free throw, and on top of it looks so damn goofy. He's not my favorite guy right now.

If they hadn't made the prior call, they would never have made that one. It was NBA-esque in that regard. That said, if they hadn't made the prior call, Butler surely would have won. Totally busted my bracket. Why do I always get sucked into believing in Pitt?

Both fouls could have been avoided with any common sense whatsoever, so I really don't think either team got jobbed. No one to blame but the players.

That might have been the dumbest foul in NCAA tournament history. I just hope KSU beats Wisconsin, I can't take Wisconsin in the Elite 8.

Well put! I've never seen an ending like that in my life. I imagine Dixon may reconsider keeping guys at the foul line in a situation like that.

The bracket has opened up once again for UW if they can get past KSU.

Go Gophers!!

Is it just me, or does this happen for Wisconsin every year?

Is it just me, or does this happen for Wisconsin every year?

It does. If they don't make the FF this year....Bo Ryan never will. This is one of his better teams (and this one is healthy for the NCAA tourney). It is the weakest of the 4 brackets and the 1 has already lost.

I've got K St. beating Wisc., but with pitt going down, who cares. Time to pull for BYU.

My first and last time picking Pitt.

Although I think that Pitt would have had a better chance in beating Wisconsin, it's foolish, IMO, to look past Butler. They haven't lost since February 5th, just beat a solid team in ODU and a great team in Pitt, and don't forget they WERE the national runner-up last year.

First let me point out that I didn't see the game. Next, let me point out again that I didn't see the game. However, I can't understand why people think the standard for what is considered a foul should be raised in the last minute of a game... it's ridiculous. A foul in the first 39 minutes should be a foul in the last minute, otherwise it is completely unfair to the team with the ball. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I did not see the game.

That might have been the dumbest foul in NCAA tournament history. I just hope KSU beats Wisconsin, I can't take Wisconsin in the Elite 8.

Bob Knight said before the tourney that "dumb loses more games than smart wins" and that's probably true.

Pitt's my second favorite team, after the Gophers, so I may not be very objective here, but was I the only one who couldn't believe that they made that call?

Respectfully, he hammered the dude, dude. I was discussing this with my wife and wondering if he might have had the score wrong and thought they were behind by one after the missed FT. He came down very hard on his left arm, quite obviously, as you would in a must-foul situation.

The refs made the correct call both times and I give them credit for doing so as they were both totally unexpected, bonehead moves.

Yeah, I think you're wearing Pitt-colored shades if you think the refs shouldn't call that last foul. It was just a dumb play by Robinson, he lost them that game & will have to deal with it.

Yeah, I think you're wearing Pitt-colored shades if you think the refs shouldn't call that last foul. It was just a dumb play by Robinson, he lost them that game & will have to deal with it.

The mistake was by Dixon (one of the best coaches around). He shouldn't have had his players at the line. If you are there it's instinctive to go for the ball.

The mistake was by Dixon (one of the best coaches around). He shouldn't have had his players at the line. If you are there it's instinctive to go for the ball.

I don't agree. It is a tie game. If you trust your players to be smart, you put them on the line in the hopes of getting a cheap tip in on a miss. If you trust your players you assume they won't be boneheads.

Top Bottom